Chapter 3: Not the Wolf, then Who

Cassius was surprised, how did she know that he was the prince when he knew Lord Strigoi hadn't mentioned anything about it

Cassius was surprised, how did she know that he was the prince when he knew Lord Strigoi hadn't mentioned anything about it. The silence was broken by Leo who asked "How did you know? My Father hadn't mentioned anything about the Crown Prince".

Seraphina grins, perhaps she should put their minds to rest, "A very important person for a Vampire Lord would mostly point towards the royal family. I know how the king looks and I also know the Princess is missing, which leaves the Crown Prince. And you kind of gave it away by reacting".

Cassius was surprised once again, "How did you know the Princess is missing?" he asked, perplexed. It wasn't announced to the public that the princess was missing. Was this woman spying on the royal family?

"Theron, my other client told me." replies Sera in a professional tone. It was fine to reveal information of another client if they were looking for the same person. And when the said client was also supposed to visit her anytime soon.

Cassius gets confused, " Who is Theron?".

"The future royal Gamma, he insisted that I call him by his first name. Wait, don't you know your sister's mate's name?" Sera answered, eyes wide.

Cassius felt a bit embarrassed, this whole time he was referring to Theron as 'the werewolf'.

Leo nags, "Cass....seriously, you didn't even know his name. Please ma'am forgive my friend's lack of social skills.", the last part spoken to Seraphina.

"Please call me Seraphina", Sera requests the young lord. She never liked being addressed as "ma'am", which made her feel too old.

"Then please call me Leo, Miss Seraphina." replies Leo, politely.

Something strikes Cassius, " If not the wolf, then who has my sister? Please call the henchman Lord strigoi was referring to, so that we could discuss my sister's disappearance."

Leo jabs Cassius with his elbow and whispers, "Didn't you figure it out yet?".

"Henchwoman" Sera corrects Cassius. "And you are looking at her. Perhaps we should wait for Theron -'the wolf', he should be here any moment. After all you both are looking for the same person, The Missing Princess."

Cassius rubbed the back of his neck. Seraphina's reference to 'the wolf' didn't go unnoticed by him. He had again referred to Theron as 'the wolf'. He realised that Seraphina wasn't afraid to point out his mistake, she really seemed unmoved by the presence of the vampire crown prince in front of her.

At that moment, two doors opened. One was the entrance door through which Theron, a man with a glowy deep complexion and forest green eyes, the future royal gamma, entered. The other was the kitchen door through which Nikolai and Sylvia entered.

Cassius's eyes fall on Theron and he says "Werewolf" with disdain.

To which Theron replies nonchalantly "Vampire", with no disdain.

To Theron, Cassius was his mate's brother. It was Cassius who had a one-sided relationship of dislike with Theron.

"Oh! Is this a new way to introduce ourselves?", Nikolai asks, to cut the tension. He turns towards Leonard and mimics Cassius's tone "Vampire".

Leo plays along, and replies "Vampire", how Theron said it. Leo liked Nik's humour.

After a moment of silence everyone chuckles, except Cassius. Who still had a doubt on Theron and asked him directly, "So you didn't take Lyra with you?".

Theron looked appalled. "You thought I kidnapped my mate. I do want to spend my life with her, but I don't want her to hate me during it, man."

Theron sees that Cassius is still not convinced. "Okay man, I will tell you what happened. Two days back Lyra and I were supposed to meet at our secret spot. I waited, but she didn't come. She had said before if something like this happens, to make sure that she wasn't locked off in the Castle. But I couldn't just waltz into the Castle, could I? So my father sent me here, to Seraphina so that she could help me figure out if Lyra was locked up in the Castle. But the fact that you are here means that Lyra isn't with any of us. Oh goddess!"

By the time Theron finished saying this, his face was covered with panic.

Same was the situation with Cassius. Because as long as he thought Lyra was with Theron he knew Theron would have kept her safe, even if he had kept her against her will.

"If Lyra isn't with you then, where the hell is she? Did some kidnap her because she is the Vampire princess? " Cassius panics too.

Sylvia, who had been quiet all this while, asked "What do you think is happening here, Sera?".

All the eyes turn to Seraphina, who replies with a grim expression, "I am afraid that the Princess is not kidnapped because of her status as the Princess, but rather her disappearance is linked with the other supernatural disappearances."

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

Hello Dear Readers, this is your author Enigma.

Here is chapter three.

Image of Celestine in top.

To my friends reading this, thank you for your support.

To any new readers reading this, Thank you for giving this book a chance, it means a lot to me.

See you next chapter.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

819 words

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•