Chapter 4: Hunters

“What do you mean cousin ? How is the disappearance of the princess connected with the other disappearances?” asked Nikolai, confused

“Let me explain. Yesterday Theron had told me that the bond he felt  with the princess was intact, which means the princess is still alive and mostly unharmed. If the Princess had been taken solely for the reason for being a princess, then that must have been done by an enemy of the royal family. But if that was the case, why not threaten the royal family or just kill the princess, they wouldn’t have kept quiet for so long. Whoever has the princess, does not actually know whether she is the princess and I am guessing the princess wouldn’t have let them know of this fact for her own safety. Now coming to the disappearance cases, if you look at the persons missing there is not much of a pattern other than the fact that there are no witches among them, it seems to focus on vampires or werewolves. But there is a pattern of how they actually disappeared. I already have two clients who approached me with this case, and what I have heard from rumours and the same is the case with the princess. All of the people who disappeared were travelling through a deserted area on their usual route, thus no one has actually witnessed how the people were taken.”, Seraphina explains.

“That’s right, Lyra had said she had found a shortcut to our meeting place. The only thing was the route was quite deserted. Oh goddess! Was she attacked while travelling through the region.” exclaimed Theron.

“I had told her not to sneak out the castle to meet with you!”, Cassius said in an angry tone.

“As if you would have let me meet her at the Castle!”, Theron replied equally angry now.

“At least Lyra would have been safe at her home.”, Cassius stated.

“The Castle you are talking about, Lyra never considered it as her home.”, Theron stated back.

“What do you mean?”, Cassius questions, shocked.

“Huh! Some brother you are! Don’t even notice your sister’s condition.”, Theron said, displeased.

Leo felt sad, he had an idea of what Theron was referring to. He felt a bit happy too, at least the alienated princess was able to find comfort in her mate. On the other hand he was disappointed in his friend, how couldn’t he not notice the turmoil the princess had been going through. Cassius was too dense. Wasn’t he able to notice such a blatant thing?

“What the hell do you mean?”, Cassius yells. Theron opens his mouth to answer but gets cut off.

“SHUT IT, BOTH OF YOU! I am sure you are having a very important conversation but that is not the point right now. The thing which needs focus right now, is how are we going to find The Missing Princess. You can have this little competition of who knows the princess better, later after she is found. Are we clear?”, Seraphina said in a strong voice that demanded to be heard. 

Cassius and Theron went silent. Whereas Leo was impressed on how Seraphina was able to render a crown prince and future royal gamma speechless.

“Nik please hack into the CCTV cameras you find near the location from where the princess might have been taken”, Seraphina instructed Nik.

“I will do that. But I don’t think we will find anything, cousin. Just like the other two cases.”, replies Nikolai.

Seraphina nods, agreeing. Her eyes move from one corner to the other, something she tends to do when in thought.

“Do you think the ones behind the disappearances have been wiping the footage”, asked Seraphina.

“That must be it! They have a hacker on their side.”, Nikolai replied back with a certain expression.

“Sylvia, I need you to be on the lookout in the area from where the princess might have been captured. See if you find anything suspicious.”, Seraphina spoke to her friend.

“Sure. But what exactly am I looking for?” Sylvia asked. Sylvia felt her friend already had an idea who could have been behind the disappearances, otherwise Sera wouldn’t have asked her to track the area.

Seraphina answered her friend's question, something she knew would make Sylvia blood boil, “Hunters”.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

Happy New Year everyone 🎉.

Hello dear readers, this is your author Enigma ❤️.

Thank you for reading 😊.

Thank you to all those who gave my story a chance, it means so much to me.

See you next Sunday.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

713 words

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•