Chapter 2: Cassius Nightfall, The Vampire Crown Prince

The man with golden hair and dark red eyes stood by the window as he stared into the distance

The man with golden hair and dark red eyes stood by the window as he stared into the distance. His eyes filled with worry. It's been three days since he last saw his younger sister. They had an argument over the future royal gamma, the werewolf who claimed her to be his soulmate, the last time he saw her. As a vampire, who in this world didn't have any concept of mates, he couldn't fathom how easily his sister was smitten by the werewolf. It shouldn't have been easy considering the fact that she was the sole Vampire Princess.

He knew that his sister had been sneaking out to meet with the wolf. He had told her that she didn't need to be with the wolf just because he claimed she was his mate. The young princess had been furious and hurt as she thought her brother didn't understand her happiness. The prince had felt bad seeing his sister hurt but stood by his argument. He didn't trust the other kinds, something instilled by the King, something the king believed should be common knowledge. The king, Draven Nightfall, himself grew up in an environment of war, 'The Witch-Vampire War', he had the belief that the other kinds can't be trusted, something he passed down to his heir.

The princess had stormed off after the argument and hadn't returned since and the prince was all too certain that the werewolf had taken his sister by force as he believed that his sister would never leave home willingly. But when he expressed the same to his father, the king had brushed the issue off as unimportant. The prince was surprised, didn't his father care about his daughter's disappearance. Little did the prince know, the king had never cared for the princes, it was the prince who failed to notice this. And the care shown to the prince by the king was just because he was his heir and not because he was his son.

Someone knocked at the door of the study he was in. "Come in" he said. His assistant came in with some paperwork that he was taking care of as his duty of being the crown prince. He was frustrated, how can he do his work when all he could think about was his sister and his disdain for a certain werewolf. "Your Highness, these need to be looked through before the evening" said his assistant. The prince nods his head and the assistant leaves. He sits down in his chair but doesn't touch the work, still in thought.

The door to his study opens, he knows who it is. The only person other than his sister who would come into his study without knocking. His friend Leonard Strigoi, the young Lord Strigoi, enters. " Still no news about Lyra, Cas?" his friend asked. "No, Leo", Cassius replied frustrated and worried. Leonard was also worried about his friend's sister, she was his sister too. The prince and young lord were childhood friends, being close in age. Leonard was twenty - three whereas Cassius was twenty-four. For Cassius, Leonard was the only friend he had and then when his sister was born, when he was four years old, she became a sister to both of them.

"You know there is this person, a henchman perhaps you might call them. Who helped my father when my mother's family was trying to stir up some trouble. They dug up some dirt on that family which helped my parents to take control of the situation. I bet he could help us. If you agree I can ask my Father to set up a meeting with you" suggests Leo.

"Do you think this henchman could help get Lyra back from that werewolf? But I see that I don't have any other option. If Father doesn't approve I can't act directly as the werewolf is the future royal Gamma." replies Cassius. "Fine, ask Lord Strigoi to set up a meeting."

"I will talk with my Father and will send you the details", Leo replies as he leaves the study in a hurry. While Cassius hopes, this will help him find his sister.

✧✧✧

"Are you sure this is the place?" Cassius asks Leo.

"Positive" replied Leo.

Cassius couldn't help but doubt. Such a beautiful place, it was a place to grab a meal with friends and enjoy a drink at night, with an equally beautiful name 'Celestine'. Surely this wasn't a place to hire a henchman. The two friends entered through the door which had a closed sign hanging. The place was empty as expected, only one there was a woman behind the bar counter with her back facing them, wiping some glasses.

Cassius went towards the bar counter, cleared his throat and said, as instructed by Lord Strigoi through Leo, "Can I have a Manu Fortis?". He knew the term was Latin for 'strong hand', perhaps it was a code word to distinguish a normal customer from a client in search of a henchman.

The woman turned, Cassius was faced by a beautiful yet unique looking Vampire, who replied with a smooth yet strong voice, "What can I do for you, Your Highness?". The last two words are spoken with a bit of contempt.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

Hello dear Readers, this is your author Enigma 🥰

I uploaded chapter 1 before this, if you haven't read it, check it out.

The image in the top is the Vampire Royal Castle.

To my friends reading this, thank you so much for the support.

If there are any new readers reading this, thank you for giving my book a chance. It means a lot to me.

Ps: Cassius is not the male lead. Male lead will come later in the story. I won't disappoint you with the entry of our male lead.😉

See you next Sunday.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

878 words

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•