Chapter 5: An Unexpected Alliance

"You believe Hunters are behind this?" Sylvia questions, barely containing her rage

"You believe Hunters are behind this?" Sylvia questions, barely containing her rage. Sylvia had a deep rooted hatred for hunters. Why wouldn't she have, when they took her world away from her. The only thing they did right was bring Sera and Sylvia together. But they would always just kill the supernatural's they came across.

"If what I am thinking is right, that the disappearances are connected. Then it points towards the hunters; the only difference is that they are capturing and not killing. Which is odd for them, but perhaps they are planning something big.", reasons Seraphina.

"If it's hunters then Seraphina please don't go alone to fight with them, bring us with you.", says Nikolai in a stern voice.

Sera smiles at him. A simile reversed for her loved ones. Her baby brother was all grown up and wanted to protect her then who was she to stop him. "Alright, Nikolai."

"Wait, I am the only one whose name hasn't been spoken yet. Hello, I am Leonard Strigoi.", Leo introduces himself to Nik and Sylvia, after realising he hadn't done it before. A bit of odd timing actually. But anyway the other two acknowledge him.

"Sylvia, Sylvia Noctis.", Sylvia introduces herself.

"Nikolai but you can call me Nik", replies ever so cheery.

"Then please call me Leo.", Leo replies, feeling comfortable with Nik. He liked his attitude.

"Hey Cas, introduce yourself. Seriously! Sometimes I feel like you are my child.", quips Leo.

"What is the need? They already know me." said Cassius, annoyed.

"They are helping us find Lyra! Show some basic decency Cassius. Please don't take any offence. He just lacks basic social skills", Leo says, pretending to be embarrassed.

"None taken, Leonard", Seraphina replied with a calm expression, but if you knew her well enough, you would notice a glint in her eyes. She found Leo funny. He reminds her of Nik. Both lightened the mood when it got too dark. She appreciated that. She didn't have the natural ability to lighten the atmosphere like them, but she knew the importance of not surrounding oneself with too much darkness, with time it could turn one bitter. She was grateful to her friends, who she knew would pull her out if she ever fell into such a hell hole.

Cassius glares at Leo. "Fine, I am Cassius Alistair Nightfall. Happy!"

"All royals and nobles have middle names, right. What is your middle name Leo?" asks Nik, curious.

"I am not answering that question.", Leo said dismissively.

"O! It must be something embarrassing. I will find it out...", said Nik with a mischievous smile.

"What's the princess' name?", asked Nikolai instead.

"Lyra Morrigan Nightfall", replies Theron with a soft smile. While Cassius glares at him with an expression saying ' I was supposed to answer that'.

"Theron, maybe you introduce yourself too, considering the fact that His Highness didn't even know your name.", says Nik with a mischievous expression.

"What! You didn't even know my name, yet you thought I was behind Lyra's disappearance." spoke Theron, shocked.

"Wait, how did you know Nik, that Cas didn't know Theron's name? You weren't here during that conversion.", asks Leo, curious.

"Well I was eavesdropping from the kitchen while Syl was cleaning up. I wouldn't miss a conversation between my cousin and crown prince from the royal family my cousin dislikes", blabbers Nikolai.

"Nik...", Seraphina warns Nikolai.

"Sorry, I spoke too much", apologised Nik.

"Why do you not like the Royal family?" , asks Cassius.

"I don't think that's important for you to know, your Highness." Seraphina dismissed any further discussion on the topic.

"Fine, can we get back to finding my sister.", urges Cassius.

"Please Seraphina, let me help you guys in finding Lyra" , requests Theron, earnestly.

"I would like to help too. Don't read too much into it ... Theron. I still don't approve of you." spoke Cassius, eager to find his sister.

"Who says I want your approval?", replied back Theron.

Seraphina heaved a sigh. She doesn't doubt their abilities to help her. But this surely was an Unexpected Alliance.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

Hello Dear Readers, this is your author Enigma. 💖

How was the chapter? What do you think of the little team?

I am currently writing the tenth chapter, it is a very important one, it is the chapter where the lines from the description will be. I am nervous (⁰ ◕〜◕ ⁰).

I have taken part in a lot of awards recently. Haven't gotten any results yet. I wish I could get a position in at least any one category in any of the awards. Wish me luck.(✿╹◡╹)

Thank you to anyone reading this. Means a lot to me.(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

See you next Sunday. 💖

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

680 words.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•