Chapter 6: The Missing Princess

The young princess sits on the cold floor of her cell

The young princess sits on the cold floor of her cell. It's been three days since Lyra has been locked up in this place. She recalls how she was captured, she had a heated argument with her brother, who just didn't understand her happiness, the happiness she felt when she was with her mate.

Vampires didn't have mates, so she was shocked when Theron declared she was his mate. She may not feel the bond, the way Theron felt it, but she surely felt the connection with him. Having been neglected by her father, after the queen had died during the princess' birth. Happiness came very rarely to the princess, mostly only when she spent time with her brother and his friend Leo.

Having a mate meant a lot to her. It meant someone out there was made to be with her, to love her, not because he was the princess, not because he wanted something from her, he would just love her soul.

The princess was lost in thought when she travelled to meet her mate. Suddenly she had been attacked by two men, she immediately knew they were, rather what they were. Hunters. She had tried to fight back, but couldn't when she was injected with a very strong tranquilliser.

When she was brought near her cell, her tranquilliser had started to wear off. All she saw was a lot of other cells but had all solid doors and walls preventing to see out of one's cells, before she was locked up.

The cell was rather clean with even proper restroom facilities, nothing she would have imagined hunters would use to lock up the supernatural. It almost felt as if they were trying to provide the prisoners a comfortable stay. She scoffed at the thought. This would have been fine if not for the fact that hunters had rarely taken prisoners or hostages. They always followed the policy to kill on sight before the witches had brought them under control, even then the small groups that had survived followed the same policy. What made them change their way of working now?

What made her even more suspicious was that yesterday they even gave her a glass of blood which was shocking to her as vampires could survive as long as a month since their last feeding. She almost felt as if she was a pig being fed for slaughter. But the thing was she didn't feel they were going to slaughter her.

Why did she think they were not planning to kill her?

First, it didn't seem like they didn't know of her royal origin, she wasn't going to announce that now and demand to be released, that wasn't going to work.

Second, everyday like clockwork someone would come and collect her blood, she didn't protest as she saw that they also carried the tranquilisers, and she would rather be aware of what they were doing when they came into her cell.

But what happens after the blood collection is what has her agitated. It wasn't that she has never donated blood. She had donated blood regularly for the hospitals owned by the royal family. Most Vampires owned or worked with hospitals, they got a good supply for human blood and they used their blood to heal the ill and also it is a good source of income.

But never had she felt so exhausted after giving blood, it felt as if soul's energy was stolen. What made it even more peculiar was that the exhaustion usually came after an hour or two, but it was always sudden as if suddenly someone took all her energy.

What the hell were they doing with her blood?

She didn't know what the hunters were planning to do, but one thing she was certain of was that she wasn't the only one locked up here. She had heard of the increasing cases of disappearances of the supernatural. She wondered if they were here, but she could not be certain.

Her only hope out of this place was that Theron and Cassius notice her disappearance soon enough, but then too she wondered how they would find her. Theron would know she was still alive through the bond, but he hadn't marked her yet as she had wished to wait for Cassius to accept their relationship.

She prayed to the Goddess that Theron and Cassius would get some help to find her, they were her only hope. She definitely knew that her father, the king, didn't care about the Missing Princess. 

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

Hello Dear Readers, this is your Author Enigma.

Thanks for reading.

See you next time.

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•

760 words

•~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•⁠◠•⁠~✧~•