Chapter 10: I am Seraphina Bloodthorne

TW: Blood and Death

Seraphina and Sylvia were at their office in Celestine, it was connected to a room which contained supplies they would need to fight the hunters

Seraphina and Sylvia were at their office in Celestine, it was connected to a room which contained supplies they would need to fight the hunters. Sera was the one gathering supplies and Sylvia helped her. Sylvia usually didn't carry stuff as she would have to shift into her wolf form to fight. Sera gets ready by changing into her getup which was simple. It consisted of a flexible set of pants and a black loose shirt.

But the most important thing in her ensemble was her leather belt which housed her trusty dagger and a pouch to contain potions and other necessities. Nikolai had gone back home to grab his sword and the stock of the teleportation potions which would be kept in her pouch. The pouch was enchanted, it can protect the potion vials from breaking and also makes it easy to grab the correct potion and could also hold a few extra and larger items. It was a gift from her grandmother, Venessa Moonborn. Seraphina stuffed a loose oversized t-shirt and a pair of track pants.

Sera notices Sylvia staring off into space. She pats her shoulder and said, "What's wrong Syl? You look anxious."

"Something has been bothering me Sera. There were at least six hunters in the base, and I fear that there are even more than that. But they don't go around in such large groups. Not since...."

"Not since the witches had started targeting them", completes Seraphina.

"That is what makes this so strange! Coupled with the fact that they are not just killing their victims.", exclaimed Sylvia.

"Yes, it is strange.", Seraphina agrees, her face grim in thought.

Their conversation is interrupted, when they hear someone enter through the main door.

"I guess they all are starting to come back, let's head down.", said Sylvia.

✧✧✧

After a while all the members of the small team were back at Celestine. Nik, Cassius and Leo had come back with their choice of swords, while Theron just carried a small bag. It must have clothes in case he shifts, thought Sylvia. Sera had always carried clothes for her.

Seraphina cleared her throat and spoke," Be alert when we reach the base, and do your best to be undetected. It would be preferable if we didn't have a fight today." .

"I am not afraid to fight the hunters who have my sister.", declared Cassius.

"Cass! We need to listen to her. She definitely has more experience than us, in situations like this.", exclaimed Leo.

"Your Highness, I have talked about this. Our goal for today is to save and release whoever the hunters are keeping in captivity, not to go on a war against them.", replied Seraphina, while rubbing her forehead with her fingers.

Cassius stayed quiet. Perhaps he was being a bit too hot headed, but he could help it. He was worried like hell for his sister.

"Let's head out then", Sylvia broke the silence and pointed towards the door.