Killer Sense

Lin, like most days, was awake when one of the others came out of their room. Watching the TV idly as a large road runner looked at the screen. Before shooting off in a puff of smoke. His body laid out across the couch.

Footsteps came from behind him before Andrew leaned over the couch.

"You took that book from yesterday right?" Andrew asked, Lin looking away from his cartoons to look up at him.

"What book?" Lin asked, racing an eyebrow.

"You know? The book about summoning demons? 666 volumes and all that?"

"Oh, that?" Lin asked as he recognized the name. Before pointing over at the TV. "Very bottom on the right."

Andrew nodded, pushing himself off the couch and walking over to the TV.

"Why do you need it anyway?" Lin asked, pushing himself so that he sat upwards. He found that the nutrients from the meat had helped him get up more easily.

"I guess boredom? I dunno. It seems better than just lazing around all day..." Andrew said, pulling the book out.

Lin hummed, nodding in agreement. "Yeah. I guess."

"Anyway, im heading over to the neighbors," Andrew said as he made his way to the balcony.

"Why?" Lin asked, his eyes following after his brother.

"Scavenge. Get some peace before Ley-" Andrew catches himself, breathing in sharply. "Ashley, wakes up."

"Yeah, I understand that sentiment." Lin said with a nod.

Andrew stood at the balcony door, it being open, in silence. "Wanna come with me?"

Lin didn't answer at first. Weighing the pros and cons of actually doing something.

"Sure." He finally agrees, pushing himself off the couch. And making his way after Andrew. Who had left the second Lin had stood up.

Lin made his way out, catching the door before it shut and closing it softly. Then he made his way over to his dear old neighbor's room.

Andrew was in the middle of the pentagram, looking down at the puddle of blood when Lin walked in.

Andrew turned away at the sound of the door being opened. And offer Lin a smile.

Lin gave a brief one back. Before looking down at the blood. "Really uh... Left no trace, huh?" Lin asked, the blood obviously led to the fridge.

"You try dragging a torso into a freezer after wasting all that energy cutting it up." Andrew suddenly got defensive of himself.

"Lax up," Lin says with a sigh. "I know you didn't call me out here to read. What is it?" he asked, crossing his arms as he sat on the bed.

Andrew didn't respond for a few seconds, before sighing and rubbing a hand through his hair.

"Why'd you leave?" Andrew started strong, to little surprise of Lin.

"starting off strong huh?" Lin questioned, before signing deeply. "I just didn't want to be listening to Ashley for the rest of my life."

"I get that, but why cut contact with us? You knew where we were. Mom would never be able to afford to move. Why didn't you try and visit us?" Andrew pushed, crossing his arms.

"I was working. To pay for the place I was renting. While also getting into college. I didn't have time to call and chat." Lin shrugged.

Andrew didn't say anything. Closing his eyes and sighing.