Freedom? (Mostly Fixed)

I lied.}

It's been about two weeks since the escape. Ashley and Andrew sat across from each other in front of a cafe. Ashley finishes her meal as Andrew reads the paper.

Lin opens the door to the cafe, wearing a neat uniform with the logo of a fork and a knife crossed on his Upper shoulder.

"Yo," Lin said grabbing a chair from a nearby empty table and putting it in front of the duo. "Anything interesting?" he asked, looking at the back of the paper.

"Not yet." Andrew responded plainly. Ashley shoved the rest of her food into her mouth as Lin reached over.

"Brat." He said, leaning back and crossing his arms.

Ashley swallowed the food down in one gulp. Before smiling at Lin smugly. "Is that any way to talk to a paying customer?"

"Paying? You have money?" Lin asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, No..." She looked off to the side. "I'm using your money."

Lin grunted. Shaking his head. "Yeah, thought so." he closed his eyes. "You could have at least shared the eggs..."

"Never."

Lin sighed, before turning to the back of Andrews's paper. Trying to read it despite it being upside down.

Ashley sighed, pulling out a lighter and flicking it off and on.

"That's annoying. Stop it." Andrew said, getting Ashley to roll her eyes.

"But im soooooo bored!" She complained, reaching the lighter out towards Andrews's paper.

Lin eyed the flame the second it had passed him.

"How much longer are we gonna stay in this place anyway?" She asked, the flame almost touching the paper, but Andrew snatched the lighter from her hand.

"Well, until we can be sure no one is tailing us. And when we have enough money to get a bus ticket to the border or something." Andrew said, flicking the lighter on as he stuck a cigarette in his mouth.

"Ugh, that's going to take forever!" Ashley complained again. Searching her arms across the table towards Andrew.

"Maybe if you had a job..." Lin started, but Ashley quickly cut him off.

"You just got lucky that weirdo thought you were a part of his cult!" She accused.

"Or maybe im just better with people?" Lin countered.

"I'm good with people!"

The look she got from Lin and Andrew told her otherwise.

"Uh-huh..." Andrew said slowly with a slow nod.

"I am!" She said, glaring the him.

"Well, for whatever reason," Andrew said, raising a hand to stop her. The Cigarette between his fingers. "We should be glad we at least have some way to get money."

"Don't you have a bank account?" Lin Asked, shifting to try and get comfortable in the chair.

"If I could use it, I would. But unless we want the bank to know where we are..." Andrew trailed off. But Lin understood.

"Right. So that's a no-go." Lin shook his head.

"It's so annoying that the hotel we went to insisted on using a card. It's not like I'd bail out on them, im paying upfront with cash!" Andrew complained before sticking the Cig in his mouth to suck on its sweet nicotine.

"Boohoo," Ashley mocked. "The motel works out just fine."

"Not really. I swear I heard gunshots last night..." Andrew mumbled, looking off to the side.