Right To Survive

Lin rubbed his eyes with a tired sigh. He was up way too late. His eyes were glued to the screen, watching some shitty cartoon about birds.

He didn't care all that much about the show if he were to be honest. But for some reason, he just couldn't sleep. Even as Andrew leaned into his shoulder. Knocked out.

His poor brother. Lin could only imagine how stressful it was to deal with Ashley. Not like Lin ever made a move to help him. If it came to it, he’d always chose himself over Andrew.

That's just how he was raised.

Ashley was the one to pull him from his thoughts. She ran over. Her pink orbs were wide and filled with panic.

“We have to go!” She yelled, grabbing onto Lin’s arm and pulling him up. “Someone's coming to kill us!”

Andrew was startled awake, rubbing sleep from his eyes as panic set into him. “Huh? What?”

“Get up Andy! We have got to go!” she said, leaving Lin once he was stood up properly. And going to get Andrew up.

“Ashley, chill out.” Lin said, narrowing his eyes as he reached out, grabbing her shoulder. “Tell us what's going on.”

“I had a vision that someone came into the apartment and killed us all!” She said, panic in her voice.

Andrew’s eyes snapped open.

“That's not ideal..” Lin said, closing his eyes as he pulled his arm away.

A few minutes had passed, and Ashley seemed to be on edge as she eyed the door, while Lin and Andrew thought.

The duo were left in silence as they slowly thought of what to do.

“How many were there?” Andrew asked, raising a brow.

“One. It was some weird guy with sunglasses.” Ashley recalled.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, im fucking sure Andrew!” Ashley yelled, her face contorting into rage.

He raised a hand in a stop motion. “If it's only one, we could get the drop on him.” Andrew suggested. They had a gun after all.

“But what if there was another guy outside?” Lin asked.

“We have six bullets.”

Lin shook his head. “And if they have their own?”

Andrew went quiet, processing the information in his mind.  One gun to two is not the best odds.

“Alright, here's the plan. We go out and wait near the Cafe until this mysterious killer comes. And when they do, if they do, we can catch him and any potential friends of his.” Andrew explained his plan. “Understood?”

The duo nodded.

Andrew stood up. Making his way past them. Lin stood up. Following him.

Lin stopped, opening the closet to the robe he had borrowed from the cultist.

He reached up, pulling it off the hanger and down into his hands before he rummaged through its pockets, and pulled out a spare $666.66. Before simply tossing the robe onto the floor.

Lin stuffed the money into his pocket, joining the duo.

The trio stood at the door in silence. Before Andrew slowly opened it. The door creaked slowly with each slow inch. 

Ashley had pulled the gun out, pointing it down at the floor as her orbs shifted.

Lin had decided to bravely stand at the back.