part 8

into a whirpool

"long time no see, young lady amiru."

"hello, young master cale."

amiru had her uniquely calm smile on her face as she welcomed cale and crew. the beautiful red haired young man still looks pale as ever, but he can see that cale is really excited about his holiday. it's cute though.

from his peripheral vision, amiru can see that the villagers looks at their guests curiously. amiru can under that feeling from certain lengths. is not every day you can see a goddess of beauty reincarnate with your own eyes. the red haired beauty now looks deep in thought, makes people wonder what the pretty head thinks right now.

this was a small seaside village in the ubarr territory. this small village, which had nothing special and allowed the residents to live in peace until now, was suddenly busy with visitors. the village was quickly changing every day. however, they would soon face an opportunity that would allow their village to change incomparably shortly. tomorrow night would be that moment. tomorrow night, cale was planning on blowing up a magic bomb deep inside the ocean.

however, something that, in cale's point of view, should have never happened had happened. this terrible situation began when one of amiru's knights came to report to amiru. the knight urgently approached amiru and quietly reported.

"my lady, the person we rescued has regained consciousness."

"oh, is that so?"

'rescue?'

that word made cale think of a single person.

as cale started to frown with doubt on his mind, amiru noticed cale's expression and started to explain. its not good to make your esteemed guest worry.

"we were inspecting the shoreline and nearby islands for the new naval base when we "rescued a shipwrecked person. It seems that he has regained consciousness."

'i have a bad feeling about this.'

"we were debating what to do when we saw him unconscious and being dragged into the whirlpool, but i remembered what you did at the plaza and decided we needed to save him."

amiru continued to speak to cale. she knows that cale a wary because of the organization that attacking the plaza, so she feels its needed to assure the beautiful red head.

"because a person's life is precious, right, young master cale?"

cale answered that question after a long moment of silence. his beautiful face looks stoic.

"...of course."

"i knew young master cale would answer like that."

cale could not even think about amiru's smiling face right now. all that was on his mind right now were the details regarding how the novel described toonka's situation.

"based on his outfit and physique, he seemed to be someone from the whipper kingdom."

it was definitely toonka.

cale's face turned paler as amiru continued to speak. amiru, the guards, and some villagers near them seem to notice the red haired distress. it looks like a little pretty fairy that is being bullied, make amiru and her guards feels guilty for no reason. cale did not have time to pay attention to such gazes. he had enough of a headache trying to figure out why toonka arrived here so early.

"young lady amiru, could you please show us to our rooms?"

"of course. you are still not at full strength yet, right?"