Three

Getting shoved into the Janitors locker and handing the man in there $500 to get out seemed like an everyday thing to do to someone according to Ian. HIs eyes ranked me up and down almost like he was trying to  my figure into memory.

I crossed my arms." No."

His hands stopped at the button of my skirt and he looked up at me with a raised eyebrow. "What?"'

My throat closed up and I looked him in the eye. "No. Not while you are going from girl to girl."

Ian sat back on the heel of his sneakers and looked into my eyes, I tried not to look at the obvious bulge in his jeans but it was so pronounced. I looked away and fiddled with my necklace and rubbed at my legs. 

"I don't think you have the say in that matter." He said huskily while watching my mouth. 

I got out of my spot on the little stool in the small closet and gave him a look that would send chills in most people. I stumbled out of the closet and saw my girls clustered around the door with their arms crossed. I gave them a look and they giggled and shooed me away from the door and down the hall. I looked over my shoulder to see Ian watching as we walked away from him. 

"Have fun with your games Ian." I shouted over my shoulder as people got out of their classes.

"Of course I will." I heard him reply. "You're in it after all."

~

For weeks it's been a new girl for him a blond for the most part or even a fiery redhead but never a burnett. I've been able to think of just senior year and maintain my grades for the year. I started dating James and felt more secure with the football team and my brother having my back. When we did the walk for graduation my mother and father cried that I was up with all honors and my brother made it with a scholarship for the quarterback in a professional football team. But out of all four of us who do you think cried when I made it with a 4.0 and a scholarship to a wide range of colleges? My bear of a brother did. 

I remember watching with wide eyes as a man clapped louder than everyone else as Ian walked. We all watched as that same man stood with a cold grin on his handsome face. It was clear he was successful too, with his expensive designer tux and silk tie tucked in his grey vest. He was a man of power, of command and of authority. It made me shiver when his hard green eyes swept over to meet mine with interest. 

I didn't like it when his son looked directly at me and smiled slowly from the stage, it seemed to entice his fathers interest to me. 

But that was years ago and yet it still burns in my head  at times. The thought of Ians lips were stuck with me  and made me want to find him again but for what?

"Ms. Rose." The speaker at my desk said politely. "Your mother would like to come up for lunch, she says she has your favorite spaghetti and veggie burgers?"

I walked away from the window and smoothed my black dress from the lint and wrinkles it held. I checked my lipstick in the mirror on my desk and smoothed the black hair away from my face. I pressed the smooth button and muttered for someone to send her right up. I walked out of my large blue office and offered smiles to the people that worked for me. It was great being a boss. It was great being a CEO.

"Oh darling you really did dye your hair!" My mother gushed with the bags of food in her hands moving violently. 

I smiled at her and led her to the private lunch room for me and her. It was small but pretty with a fountain on the wall created by artists as a gift for me.A simple sink, small trash can, white table with four white chairs, a sleek fridge with pictures of my brother, his new wife and our parents another picture of James and I in Paris and another of my girlfriends in Boli.

When you promise trips to people.. Well you kinda have to pay up.

"Oh darling things seem wonderful!" My mother gushed."Your brother settled down, you're eng-"

"About that.." I rolled my eyes and felt the engagement ring on my finger press further on my hand like it gained weight just by the mention of it.

I reached for the bag of food but my mother smacked my hand away and pulled the food closer to her." What..What are you talking about?"

I ran my hand through my bangs and sat back in the cup like chair. I crossed my arms and gave my mother a look over."We are thinking of taking a break.."

My mother threw her hands up in frustration and smacked the bag on the floor."You mean you  are thinking of taking a break! Or do you mean breaking-things off?!"

I took a sharp breath in and composed my face more business like." Mother, you're acting like such a child about this. I mean how can we both lo-"

"Are you having an affair?" She hissed.

I smiled coldly."Wouldn't that interest you.."

"Watch it young lady. Remember who raised you!" She hissed.

"Mother, I take with pride with the place I have gotten myself into. I have a job that pays billions, I have a beautiful home, eat at the best of places and was able to buy the dream houses in New York, California and Texas for you and father and you are mad I am not getting married?"

She scowled at me and shook her finger inches from my face."Do you know how hard it will be to date now? People will be after your money rather than you." 

That blow hit harder than it should have."I'll have you know that was the reason he  popped the question. For the money I was making."

My mothers eyes soften and she sighed. She gave me the bags of food but the hunger I was feeling minutes before was gone. I always had trouble with my relationship with James, if it wasn't about money it was about sex. My mother didn't need to know the details but the fact that I still hold on to my virginity  since highschool was ludicrous to James. 

I should probably just become a nun.

I slid the small engagement ring off my finger and handed it to my mother." Can you please just give him this?"

The tightness around my mothers lips loosened and she gave me a nod with slump of her shoulders. Her fingers squeezed mine before she took away the ring and she gave a dramatic sigh. She shook her head and muttered under her breath and she gathered her purse.

"Where are you going?" I asked with surprise.

"I know I mess up a lot sweetheart." She sighed. "But I ha-"

"Ms. Rose, excuse the interruption but you had this come in for you." My assistant had said with a grin on his lips. "It's from the FredricksIncorporated." 

My body exploded in tingles and my eyes widen." W-what?"

My mother stopped and watched with concern as I slowly got up from my seat and took careful steps to the package in my assistant's hands. The shaking in my legs made it so much harder to walk straight and things seemed to get wobbly and the ceiling seemed to spin in a steady, slow, beat. I reached out and took the tiny package from his hands. I opened the box and saw the bracelet from years ago. My head felt light and the spinning went faster by the minute, like a helicopters wings getting ready for take off.

A little note with red etching read: 

I looked forward to seeing you soon. I believe the bracelet is yours, Ms. Rose. Please allow me to take you out to dinner on Saturday night. 

Ian

"Camari, sweetheart? What is that?" My mother said softly.

Tears rushed over my cheeks and the ceiling spinned still, with me crashing onto the floor.