Four

"Look, James, things were great. We had our fun an-"

"Fun? What fun are you talking about ?! We never had fun!" He shouted and shoved his stuff into some boxes. 

I glowered and raised my chin a fraction. "I don't mean sex damn it."

"I've been with you since highschool and haven't even had it in forever! Do you expect me to wait any longer?!" He snarled and moved his boxes into truck outside. His friends quietly moved things and tried not to look my way.

I got home just hours ago and decided to jump into the shower. I just dried myself off and slipped on the lace bathrobe when they came in with a drunk James shouting in my house. When I came out my hair was wet, my legs were still wet and I still had a little makeup on. I glowered at one of them that looked at my chest and watched him flinch and pack more things.

"I'll ship your other things to your mothers house. For your benefit I won't let it slip on why we are breaking things off." I smiled sweetly. "Maybe I can give you some money for your troubles."

"Fuck you." He muttered. 

I laughed and shook my head." Yeah, no thanks."

I went into the kitchen and put ice cream in a bowl and grabbed a spoon, scooped some and put it in my mouth. I groaned and licked some ice cream off the spoon and turned to notice a guy staring intently on my tongue. I huffed and shook my head and went back to eating and looked out the window of my home. 

Despite the fact that I make millions, I just wanted a tiny house to settle down in. The type of house that would have made any woman swoon. It was my personal villa with tiny greek architecture like the pretty pillars and large glass windows. The bedroom and closet were large and the kitchen was beautifully decorated with silver appliances and marble counters. My bathroom held both the tub and shower with a tiny closet inside and chandelier. The livingroom held the flatscreen, white sofa and loveseat. Simple but elegant white decor dotted the house with very few gifts from the art program that my company funded year after year. 

"No no no!" 

Crash! I jumped out of my seat and ran into the livingroom where the men were moving their boxes out. I searched around and noticed that James had thrown a pretty vase of flowers on my white, spotless floor. My eyes narrowed and I looked at the shocked delivery man in the doorway with his mouth hanging open. James stood in his spot breathing heavily and shook with rage. 

"Get out of my house." I said quietly it sounded even dangerous in my own ears.

"You were cheating?!" He bellowed.

"No." 

"You lair!" He screamed and hit the pretty glass sculpture on the floor from the coffee table making it shatter on the floor. 

I crossed my arms and lifted an eyebrow." Lets be adults about this, we don't need to pretend we are something anymore James. W-"

"Who is Ian?"

My blood ran cold and I looked at the flowers on the floor again. The once pretty deep red roses were everywhere with glass cutting into the petals.  I took in a sharp breath and bit my lip.

"Is it really that kid from highschool?" He asked lowly.

"Get out." I glowered.

"Sir, if the lady as-"

It happened quickly, James red face getting closer, the man shouting and his friends watching in horror. I could feel his fingers wrapping around my throat and the pressure cutting off the air I tried to suck in. I remember the men pulling him off from me and the black dots dancing in my vision as seconds ticked by. The other guy scrambled to get me up on my feet and away from them and he quickly put me in my bedroom. I remember him patting my back and talking into my phone I placed on my bed.I remember getting help dressing into something that wasn't my bathrobe and I remember flashes of cameras that were peering into my windows.  I don't remember talking to the cops, or my mother speeding her way to my home or even James getting arrested. 

But I did remember polished shoes making noises as they stepped up my steps. I do remember a soothing voice speaking angrily and shouting orders here and there. I do remember the door opening slowly and a figure walking to me and my mother on my white bed. I do remember his cool, steady hazel eyes watching me as if I'd break and him rubbing at his 5 o'clock shadow while studying me. I do remember him kneeling beside me as I held my breath. 

He took my hand and I was back that instant."Sweet Camari."

"Ian.." I whispered. 

He stroked my cheek and grimaced at my neck but smiled up at me. "It's been awhile Cam. "

"Now who are you?" My mother demanded and pulled me closer to her chest protectively. 

Ian straighten up and fixed his business suit. "I am Ian Shane Fredericks Ma'am. And me and your daughter know each other from highschool."

He smiled with his white pearly teeth and I couldn't help but sigh.

He was still him. 

I still wanted him.