Six

I had my hands clasped behind my back and looked down at the city below my silver polished tower. It was odd watching how fast the tiny people were going without a single care. It made me wish that I didn't have the responsibilities I do now.. I could be normal. Just how I was in highschool..

I spun on my heel and headed out of my spacious office and grabbed my coat off my spinning chair. I stopped in front of my PA and looked at his screen that happened to have pacman game on. I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat only to be shushed.

"Girrl, you know not to do that to me." He rolled his honey colored eyes and pressed the button on his bluetooth. "Trent Markus Mckenneth... Mmhm.. No she is on break. Yeah.. Uh-huh. Bye."

I bit the inside of my cheek and raised an eyebrow at him. "Who was that?" 

He shrugged. "Shouldn't I be the one asking questions boo?" 

My cheeks flared and I glowered at him."You're fired."

He laughed and powered off his computer he got out of his chair and gathered his things and linked his arm through mine. "Where did you want to eat?" 

I grinned and shook my head." Surprise me."

~

Like always, he aimed to please when I spoke those two magical words. I was never disappointed with making him choose where we would eat or anything like that. Today happened to be a small italian diner with beautiful decor and the most delicious pasta that has been in my mouth. I couldn't help but tip big and talk to the boss for possible business opportunities. 

"That would be wonderful!" The girl said holding onto a chair nearby with white knuckled fists. Her soft brown eyes were wide and her small pouty mouth was hanging open into an "o".  Her hands flew to her mouth and she started to chew at a fingernail even though they were short enough already. Her perfectly shaped eyebrows knitted together and I could read her like the back of my hand. 

She didn't think I was being honest. Fear. Fear that I might try and take her precious diner? Hardly.

"Of course we would work with you and see what it is that you want to do. Of course we would understand our boundaries. I just think a place like this could use an upgrade, no offense. I am only doing this because once someone did the same for me. Gave me a chance."

She ate up my words and smiled with her shoulders relaxing from their tense form. Her sweet face broke into a smile and she began talking with Trent about the date of the meeting and what would happen. I smiled and nodded pretending to listen and said oh, yes and no at the right time.

When she gave us another basket of breadsticks Trent turned and faced me square on." Okay sugar. Spread it on me."

I blinked a couple of times, fading out of my fantasy world of Ians hands all over me. I sighed and slumped over my plate. "In high school.. There was a man that I was attracted to. And he came back, scared me a bit too."

"Shut up!" He gasped with wide eyes. "You actually like men?" 

I glowered and stabbed my fork into the pasta and shoved some into my mouth without replying. He grinned and ate a ravioli stuffed with beef and washed it out with his drink. He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms with an eyebrow lifted and his expression was almost expectant. 

"And?"

"He came to my house, gave me a bracelet and now I'm in big trouble." I said without meeting him in the eye.

He laughed softly."A bracelet? How cute.."

A delicious shiver went up my spine went my thumb brushed against the bracelet on my wrist. Owned.  I wondered in which way. Did he-

My arm was snached and before I could yank it back Trent gasped and his fingers dug in my skin. 

"Who gave you that?" He asked with fear in his eyes.

"The boy I was telling you about."  I frowned. "What are-"

Trent fumbled in his pockets for his phone and began to furiously typed on it. His hands were shaking as his screen lit up and he looked at me with his eyes wide as saucers. He showed me the phone with Ian smiling into the camera with a blond beauty at his side.  

I glared and looked at Trent dead in the eye."I don't care about the women he's dated! Why should that matter?"

"Camari? Are you not looking at what I'm showing you?" He whispered with disbelief. He zoomed onto her wrist that held a bracelet that was similar to my own. Instead of a gold chain hers was a silver and held no diamond like mine. He scrolled again and the next picture had different wrists but the same like the beautiful blond.

"All of these girls.."

My head began to pound and my hand instinctively reached for the pills in my purse. I gulped two of them down and almost choked when I heard what he said next.

"All 4 of them died.. People are starting to believe that the bracelets have something to do with it.." He looked at me with concern. 

I tried to swallow the lump in my throat and kept a clear face. "So you are saying what exactly Trent?"

"I just don't want to see another girl die because of the damn Fredericks ." He said flatly. 

"I don't think that would be an issue." A smooth voice cut through the thick tense air like butter. 

The butterflies that seemed dead in my stomach woke with a start and began to flutter rapidly, almost like they were in a frenzy. I turned around in a quick movement and my hand flew to my throat in surprise. Dazzling perfect, white, straight teeth gleamed in the light and it made my breathing unstable.

"Hello Cammy."