Part 1 - Moving To Colorado

Y/n POV

I was sitting at a table close to where my older sister Jackie was standing when her best friend  walked over

I wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying as they were talking about the Events Committee that they were both apart of. The only reason why I'm even here is because Jackie wanted me to and I had nothing better to do, being completely honest I didn't even want to wear a dress but because this is so important to Jackie kinda had to. 

(This is what the dress looks like)

After a little while of sitting there doing nothing I see our uncle Richard walk in with a concerned look plastered on his face

After a little while of sitting there doing nothing I see our uncle Richard walk in with a concerned look plastered on his face. Me and Jackie looked at each other with very confused faces as Uncle Richard lead us out into the hallway.

Uncle Richard had told both me and Jackie that our mother, father and older sister Lucy had died and that we would be moving to Colorado to live with one of our mothers friends Kathrine Walter and her family. I didn't really cry when he told us cause I had already lost my really parents and Howards had adopted me but I was still really sad that they had died.

Time Skip To Arriving In Colorado

We walked for a little bit before stopping to try find Kathrine and her husband. Jackie looked really nervous.

"You okay Jackie?" I asked her looking down at my phone trying to connect them to my AirPods. 

"I'm honestly a little nervous to meet them. How about you?" She asked me.

"I'm fine." Even though I didn't really believe myself I had already been through similar things to this. Meeting people who want kids, them not wanting someone like me and then moving on to the next. 

(This is what you're wearing now)

I honestly never cared what people thought about me

I looked up from my phone to see a women speed walking over to me and Jackie and a man trailing behind her. I've always been kinda protective over Jackie but still let her have her freedom. 

"Jackie, y/n. Hi" the women said as soon as she had come up to us.

"Hi" Jackie replied with a big smile, her and the women hugged.

"I'm so happy you two are here." The women said after releasing Jackie from the hug.

I'm guessing this is Katherine, I'm not much of a hugger as Jackie's mother must have told her as she just smiled and waved at me.

"Thanks, Katherine" Jackie replied to the women.

"So, um..." Katherine said probably trying to find the man the walked in with her.

"Over here" The man replied after seeing Katherine trying to find him.

"Thank you." Katherine said looking at the man, "Remember George?" she said mostly to Jackie as Jackie had most likely met him before.

"Hi, George." Jackie said greeting the man.

"Hi, Jackie." George replied. "y/n" he said looking at me.

We began walking towards the exit of the airport as George trailed behind us pushing the cart.

"How...how was everything? Was the flight okay?" Katherine asked us probably wanting us to feel comfortable.

"Yeah. Yeah." Jackie replied answering Katherine's questions.

"It was fine." I replied at the same time as Jackie. We had gotten used to answering questions at the same time if they were asked to both of us.

""Do you need anything before we go? Get something to eat or coffee?" Katherine asked.

I let Jackie answer the questions cause I was having one of those days where I didn't want to speak to anyone and I think Jackie could tell.

"We're okay. but thank you." Jackie replied. Jackie has always been so sweet that some times it would start to get annoying but I learned to love that about her.

While we were in the car both me and Jackie had our headphones on and where just staring out the window. I think Jackie took her headphones out after a little bit but I wasn't really focusing on the things around me at the time.