Chapter 44: A Fiery Revelation

Emily, revealing her master plan, sets the stage for the group's escape.

Emily: (smirking) Lily, darling, you should be grateful. I've given you a chance to run.

Lily, still in pain, watches as Emily approaches, a mixture of fear and confusion in her eyes. Jake can't hold back his anger.

Jake: Stay away from her!

In an attempt to defend Lily, Jake moves to attack Emily, but she quickly reveals an axe, stopping him in his tracks.

Emily: (calmly) I suggest you reconsider.

Jake hesitates, prompting Emily to lower the axe. However, she places it in Lily's hands before walking away.

Emily: (taunting) Have fun with that.

Emily takes out her phone and informs the group that Detective Alfredo will arrive in 30 minutes. The realization hits the boys, and Jake bolts out, with Daniel reluctantly following.

Outside the cabin, Emily gazes out the window with a satisfied smile. She then turns back to Lily, who is attempting to rise. Emily, with a firm push, sends her back to the ground and whispers her ominous promise.

Emily: (whispering) I'll be back for you.

With that, Emily exits the cabin, armed with a rope and matches, leaving a sense of impending chaos in her wake.