Chapter 47: Tears in the Rain

Daniel is seen next to his car, trying to fix a flat tire. Tears well up in his eyes, and he attacks the tire in frustration. He drops to his knees in disbelief, realizing his carefully laid plan is unraveling, and he might face dire consequences today. As raindrops start to fall, he reluctantly climbs back into his car.

Daniel: (voice shaky) This can't be happening...

As he gets in, Emily suddenly appears, catching him off guard with a kiss. Daniel, shocked, pushes her away.

Daniel: What... What's wrong with you?

Emily, with a locked car and determination, continues to kiss him until he finally breaks away.

Emily: Why resist, Daniel?

Confused and fearing her, he turns away.

Emily: (aggressively) Look at me.

She grabs his face, forcing him to meet her gaze.

Emily: You know, out of all of them, I felt like I could actually forgive you.

Daniel: (pleading) Emily, please, let's find another way. I love you.

She agrees, and they share another kiss.

Emily: (pulling away) Tell me, what's my favorite color?

Daniel: (confused) Green?

Emily smiles, confirming his answer, and hugs him. Rain intensifies outside.

Emily: (teary-eyed) Do you feel that rain, Daniel? The world washing away.

She exits, leaving Daniel distressed inside.

Outside, Emily struggles to light a match as rain pours. Daniel, desperate, tries to break the car window, begging for mercy.

Daniel: Emily, please! I love you!

Emily, holding a lit match, approaches the gas tank.

Emily: (whispering) For everything you've done.

She places the match on the gas tank. Inside, Daniel, in a final plea, resigns himself.

Daniel: (desperate) Emily, I love you! Please come back!

Emily drops the match, and the car erupts in flames. She's thrown away, colliding with a rock.