Chapter 46: Dance with Shadows

Detective Alfredo's arrival throws Emily into a state of panic. Hiding behind the trees, she watches as he approaches the cabin, endangering her plans. With a quick and clever move, Emily lets out a scream, diverting the detective's attention and preventing him from entering the cabin.

Seizing the opportunity, Emily slips into the cabin, only to discover Jessica's lifeless body and an injured Lily. Panic sets in as Emily frantically searches for Lily, but to her surprise, Lily emerges from the shadows, wielding an axe.

Lily: (weakly) You won't get away with this you bitch...

Emily effortlessly dodges Lily's feeble attempts to strike her. A sinister smile creeps across Emily's face as she watches Lily drop the axe, exhausted and defeated.

Emily: (mocking) What's the matter, Lily? Too weak to finish what you started?

Lily, unable to respond, collapses to the ground. Emily circles her, taunting her with a twisted satisfaction.

Emily: (smirking) Had too much to drink, Lily? I've got something that might help with the pain.

Emily produces a pill from her pocket and offers it to Lily. She pushes the axe within Lily's reach.

Emily: This will stop the pain... forever.

Lily, too weakened to resist, stares at Emily in despair. Emily leaves the cabin, checking the surroundings to ensure the coast is clear before heading toward the roadside.