A Dream Come True?

**Two weeks later**

A phone started ringing and I looked at the screen. I didn't recognise the number so I hesitantly picked up.

"Hello?" I spoke quietly.

"Am I speaking with Miss Pipes?" An unfamiliar woman, with an American accent, asked.

"Yes, that's me." I frowned.

"My name is Claire Dearing, I work for Jurassic World." My heartbeat increased. "I've been told that you are an expert in dinosaurs, is that correct?"

"I guess so." I laughed quietly, opening my laptop and googling her. Park operations manager. Nice.

"We have a dinosaur here in Jurassic World that we'd like you to come and take a look at." Claire spoke.

"What species is it?" I asked.

"I'm afraid that's classified information until you get here, but I can assure you that you will never have encountered it before." She replied.

"Okay..." I frowned.

"I have arranged a flight for you." She said. "Your flight leaves at 6am from Heathrow Airport on Friday, but you will be required to arrive at the airport at 4am. I will have someone pick you up when you arrive."

"Wait what?" My heart thudded out of my chest. "How much is this costing me?"

"Not a cent, Miss Pipes." Claire reassured me. "We need you, therefore we pay for you."

"Oh... That's brilliant." I beamed. "How long am I required to stay?"

"As long as we need you." She replied. "I can't tell you an exact time period because I cannot be sure, but I can guarantee that you will be here in Jurassic World for four months at least. Our attraction is only a couple of weeks old. She isn't old enough to face the public just yet."

"Oh... Okay." I looked at her feet.

"Is that a problem, Miss Pipes?" She asked.

"No, no not at all, that's just a long time, I guess." I replied.

"I understand that, but we desperately need you and your expert advice to help us with our new attraction." She said.

"Alright."

"I will see you on Friday." She replied.

"See you Friday." I smiled and the line went dead.

I stayed silent for a couple of seconds, just staring at my phone before letting out a scream of excitement and jumping around the living room. Mark ran in and gave me a worried look.

"What's up? Are you alright? Why are you screaming?" He panicked.

"I just got off the phone with Claire Dearing." I beamed.

"Who?" He asked.

"She is the park operations manager at Jurassic World." I squealed, running up to him. "I'm going to Jurassic World!"

"Really? That's great!" He beamed. "When?"

"Friday." I grinned.

"Jess, thats in two days." He frowned.

"Exactly!" I squealed.

"For how long for?" He asked and my smile dropped.

"At least four months, but it could be longer." I looked down.

"Four months?!" He gasped, startling me slightly.

"I know, I know, that's a long time, but they need me." I replied.

"What do they need you for?" He frowned.

"Because I'm an expert." I replied, crossing my arms, slightly annoyed that he wasn't acting happy for me. "And they want me to train up a dinosaur."

"How can you be an expert though, I mean, I know you know a lot of things about them, but you've never met a dinosaur before, you've never worked with them so how can you be an expert?" He asked and I gave him a 'wtf' look.

"I have a masters degree in palaeontology and I've grown up learning about dinosaurs, I think know enough about them to be classed as an expert. What about the people that were around before John Hammond introduced Jurassic Park? Are they not classed as experts because they've never met a dinosaur?" I muttered angrily. "Is it really a surprise that they want me?"

"Okay, calm down I was just asking a simple question." He held his hands out.

"I am calm." I huffed. "I'm going to start packing." I muttered, trudging up the stairs.

I pulled out my suitcase and started to fold up my clothes. Two hours later I tiredly fell onto my bed. I put the suitcase on the floor and crawled under the duvet. I fell asleep as soon as my tired head hit the pillow.