The kiss

"What? Why?" I frowned.

"You sounded stressed on the radio, so I thought I'd cheer you up." He sat down on the sofa next to me.

"Oh? Thank you." I blushed.

My phone started ringing and I groaned. I looked at the caller ID and sighed. It was Mark.

"What does he want?" I whined.

"Who?" Owen asked.

"My ex" I sighed, picking up my phone.

Owen took the phone from my hands and answered it.

"Hello?" He spoke.

"Hello? Who is this?" I heard Mark ask.

"My name is Owen, why are you calling my girl?" Owen asked harshly and I blushed, he called me his girl.

"Your girl?" I mouthed, laughing slightly as Mark's voice came.

"Your girl?" Mark replied.

"Damn right." Owen locked eyes with me.

"Where's my girlfriend?" Mark spat.

"Sorry to break it to you, pal, but she's not your girlfriend anymore." Owen replied. "About a month ago, was it? I remember her crying into my shoulder because you broke up with her. You broke her heart, man, that's not cool. Lucky for you I was here to fix it. You made a big mistake. You let the perfect girl go."

"Put Jess on the phone." Mark said angrily.

"Your wish is my command, British man." Owen shrugged and handed me my phone as I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Mark." I said.

"Jess." He said firmly.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"I wanted to apologise." He said. "But now I see you've moved on pretty quickly."

"You broke up with me, remember?" I sighed.

"And I regret it. Please Jess, take me back. I need you." He begged.

"You're right." I stated. "I have moved on." I hung up and turned to Owen as tears pricked in my eyes.

"It's okay, Jess." Owen wrapped his arms around me and I sighed into his shoulder.

"On the phone you-you called me your girl" I blushed, pulling away from Owen and shyly looking into his eyes.

"Well-I-uh yeah I mean-uh" He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"I do like you, you know." Owen stated.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"I really think you're amazing and any man is lucky to have you by his side." He blushed.

"You're blushing!" I squealed, pointing at his cheeks as I jumped to my feet.

"I am not." He protested, blushing even more as he stood up, towering over me.

I cackled with laughter and leant closer to him.

"I think you're amazing too" I beamed, completely forgetting about the events that happened with Mark just a couple of minutes ago.

He looked into my eyes and leant forwards. My breath hitched in my throat as he came close enough so that I could feel his breath on my lips. My heart thudded as he brought his hand up to my face and cupped my jaw. He pressed his lips against mine and my heart felt like it exploded. I kissed him back before we pulled apart.

"Dinner!" He gasped, running into the kitchen.

I laughed and brought my hand up to my lips. I touched them gently and smiled before running after him.