after || 1

me and scott now have viv, scott jr and violet. viv was 3, scott jr was 2 and violet was only a couple months old.

me and scott have been fighting alot and arguing and things where not working out. between us fighting about the kids coming on tour with us or just never getting time for just us or me dealing with post partum really badly.

my mental health was not the best at all.

i lost my sister due to her getting into an accident a few days after violet was born. i'm also very sure that's why my mental health and post partum journey was terrible.

my sister for the first time in her life told me she loved me. she kissed my kids and she got to hold violet before she passed away.

it just made me think about all the hatred we held against eachother, it didn't matter in the end.

i know my mom wasn't doing well but i know chetta wasn't taking it well either.

the whole time i was grieving scott was busy with shows and show life that he couldn't help me. it made me feel so alone and nothing seemed like it was going to work for us.

so we broke up.

he mentioned a divorce but i'm not ready for that yet.

we broke up after violet was 1 month old. she's 4 months old now.

things where just going back to what they used to be when we broke up the first time.

life was so hard with three little kids. i have three under the age of three and it was a lot. but i wouldn't trade it for the world.

my babies where my everything.

i'm convinced i would quite literally die without my kids. i don't know how i lived a life without them.

i moved out of scott's and got a place of my own. i'm still here in new orleans for my business.

scott gets them when he's in town which nowadays feels like it's not often.

this morning i woke up to a baby crying and my phone ringing.

it was my brother.

my brother was very pissed off with scott. scott and my brother started fighting because he doesn't agree with
why me and scott ended and why me and scott where breaking up. my brother has dealt with my post partum more than scott has.

my brother and scott also got into a fight because of numbers wise. he hasn't been able to go back on tour with them because his numbers aren't all the way up there with theirs.

which they have been friends for years on years, i don't see why numbers matter.

"hi bubs." i say as he smiles.

"i'm going to come over and help you with the kids." he says as i nod.

"okay bubs, mom is going to take them tonight. i'm going to keep violet so it's not so much on her." i say as he nods.

"okay, you got plans tonight?" he asks.

"i plan on doing some shopping, grocery shopping." i say as he nods.

"count me out, i don't wanna do that." he says as i laugh.

"i'm going to feed her i'll see you in a little bit." i say as we hang up.

i seen i got a text from scott letting me know his tour ends and he was coming home this week. he wanted the kids the rest of this week.

i just say okay and tend to my babies.

as i check on the others they where still asleep so i let them sleep.

i take violet to the couch and feed her as i was getting another call.

jesus fuck.

i see it was scott.

"hello." i say as he smiles.

hmm.

"hi baby." he says as i laugh.

now you wanna call me baby when just a few months ago i was a fucking bitch.

"what's up?" i ask him.

"you okay if i come get the kids tomorrow?" he asks as i nod.

"yeah you know where we are. i pick them up from my mom tomorrow morning." i say.

"you goin somewhere?" he asks.

"if i was why does it matter?" i ask him.

"val come on." he says.

"scott you are the one that did it not me. then you mention divorce. like come on dude." i say as my brother come in.

"i gotta go." i say as i hang up. my brother just stares at me.

"scott." i say as my brother nods.

"i figured, what does he want?" he asks as i tell him.

* hours later *

my mom came by with her new boyfriend and he was actually such a really sweet guy. he took care of my mom and he was so good for her.

i'm happy to see her happy.

my brother even gets along with him very very well.

i think my mom having a boyfriend will keep her mind busy off of losing my sister. the grandkids will keep her busy and i think she needs that.

i think that's why she's been asking for them a lot.

but now it was just me and violet and i needed to go to the store.

i threw some clothes on and we was on our way.

once we got to the store i got her wrapped around me and i grab a cart and start at the back of the store to get the diapers and stuff that the kids need.

as i was looking at different formulas there was ruby and scott.

i didn't know he was back so soon.

fuck, we made direct eye contact too.

they walk over as i get violate out cause i know he is going to want her.

"there's my girl." he says as i smile.

this absolutely kills me because scott is such an amazing dad but i just wish things where different for us.

scott was and still is the love of my life. i will forever be in love with this man.

"val i want you to come over for dinner tomorrow. i'm grilling and i want you to bring the kids." he says as i nod.

"i'll be there." i say as he nods.

they joined me while i finished up my shopping so he could see violet.

i scan everything and as i went to go pull my card out scott stick his in.

"scott." i say as he smiles.

"don't mention it. i don't want you spending your money." he says.

"thank you." i say. i look at the receipt and take a note of how much money i'll give him tomorrow.

god forbid i don't want him saying he says for me and my kids if anything bad happens between us.