after || 2

my brother picked the kids up for me because he was going to see mom anyways. he brought them home and i only had a few hours to get shit done before i take them over to scott's.

he wants to have dinner.

who knows what he wants to talk about or if he really wants to have dinner.

i have a feeling it has to do with the divorce papers and i'm not signing them right now.

it's not that i don't want to let him go because he's the one that made this call this last time about breaking up, it just feels way too soon.

it's only been three months.

i've spent 12 years being with that man.

i'm not signing a divorce paper after breaking up for three months.

my brother hung out with me until scott texted and let me know when to go over there.

i was getting super super anxious.

i don't want to have an adult conversation right now, i know i'm going to cry. i just have that deep gut feeling. i'm used to talking to my kids who are literally under the age of three.

i got them all dressed and in the car.

we headed to scott's house which is still technically my house as well.

* 30 minutes later *

i text scott saying we are here and he comes outside with flowers in his hands.

ummm.

"hi babies." he says as he grabs scott and viv.

i hold violet and wrap her around me so i could feed her.

"these are for you." he says as he holds the flowers out.

"thank you." i say as i take them.

i put them in the car so i don't forget them.

i follow scott inside and everything still looks the exact same.

he set up the dinning table and must i say it smelled really good in here, it looked good, he looked good.

this is the bad thing, no one can beat scott. and i know damn sure no one can beat me either.

if it's not scott i will be single for the rest of my life.

i take the kids to the toy room and i let them play.

i come back to the dinning table and sit across from him.

"you look beautiful val." he says as i smile.

"you look nice yourself scott." i say as he smiles.

"well i pulled out some of your old recipes and i attempt to cook dinner. be honest and tell me if it's bad or not." he says as i follow him to the kitchen.

he cooked chicken, stuffing, mac and cheese and green beans.

i cut into the chicken and it literally wasn't done.

"scott." i say as he looks at me.

"baby this isn't finished." i say as he laughs.

"what about the other stuff." he says as i try the other foods.

mac and cheese was over cooked, stuffing was alright and green beans were not seasoned.

"this gets like a 1 out of 5." i say as he laughs.

"i can get us pizza." he says as i nod.

"i think the kids would like that better than uncooked chicken." i say as he laughs.