after || 8

my mom took the kids to school this morning and we got back from our trip a few hours ago. we was going to surprise them by picking them up.

i was getting our laundry done when i was getting a call from vivian's school.

"hi is this mrs. valarie?" a lady ask.

i giggled on the inside because it's so funny when people can't pronounce my last name they just say my first name.

"yes, im vivian's mother." i say.

"vivian has started her period. she had us call grandma to see if she could bring her clothes but we couldn't get ahold of her so i just tried your number." she says as i gasp.

"oh my god yes. can i actually just pick her up from school today. i can take her to go get some products." i say.

we discuss checking her out and i told her to say grandma was getting her.

but it was really me.

i knew this day was going to come.

"scott." i say as i come back downstairs with clothes for vivian.

"so you know how viv has been a little grumpy and she's been getting acne and all that stuff." i say as he nods.

"she started her period baby." i say as he fake cries.

"our girl is growing up on us." he says as i nod.

my poor baby.

"she's probably so confused and doesn't know what's happening to her. i'm going to pick her up and i'm going to take her on a little date." i say as he nods.

"just let me know how long it'll be because i can go get the babies." he says as i nod and give him a kiss goodbye.

* school *

i go up front and check in for vivian. i soon see her come around the corner and she has a jacket wrapped around her waist.

"mommy." she says as i smile and give her a hug.

when i first got my period i was at home right before school started so i had time to talk too my mom and get stuff from her.

she told me all about it.

i didn't get the chance too.

and i would be lying if i didn't say i didn't cry a little bit along the way here. my baby is growing up in front of my own two eyes and it blows my mind.

"you guys have a good day, thank you so much." i say as i take her to the car.

"let's take you home first to change and then i'm going to take you too the store to get some stuff and then we can go to the mall and you can pick our whatever you want." i say as she nods.

"this morning i wiped and there was a little bit of blood so i told grandma and she said it was probably just a little cut or something because there wasn't a lot of blood." she says as i smile.

she told me the exact same thing when i told her i seen blood.

"this afternoon i went to the bathroom and there was a lot." viv says.

"well i figured i'd talk too you about a few things. i know i know you don't want to hear it but it's important for you to know." i say as she nods. i let her hold on my hand in the car. she would squeeze it if her cramps where getting to her.

me and viv will just spend time in her room in her bed together or i'll let her come to mine and scott's room to watch tv with me or to just talk.

she'll tell me about the girls in her school with me or the boys. but we know we aren't allowed to date till we get older.

she is suck a good girl.

and she looks so much like her daddy it's so cute.

she acts just like him too.

i want all my kids to know they can come to me for absolutely anything.

"daddy is upstairs." i say as she nods. we go upstairs and he was in our bed watching tv.

"there's my big girl." he says as she laughs.

"we had a talk about tampons and pans and i told her we are going to go too the mall and she can pick out some stuff." i say sitting with them.

"let me tell you baby, one time mommy started her period randomly in the middle of the night and it was all over her and our bed. it's a normal thing. doesn't ever be ashamed of it. plus mommy and daddy will
help you no matter what. don't be afraid to talk too us about it." scott says to her as she nods.

"just don't wear white pants or shorts." scott says as we all three laugh.

"i brought clothes but i figured you'd wanna take a shower and change so go do that so we can get the the mall." i say as she gets up and gives me a hug.

"thank you mommy." she says as i kiss her head.

my heart can't handle it.

"i cried on the way to get her." i say as soon as she left our room.

"i knew you would baby, it's okay it happens. she knows we are here and she knows you'll help her." scott says as i nod.

* mall *

we ran into target and i got a bunch of different tampons and pads for her. i got her a heating pad of different sizes and we got her candy and snacks for her to keep in her room.

she's been craving kitkats.

same girl.

but now we was looking through the mall and she was picking out some makeup or some darker jeans for around that time of the month to wear.

we got her some leggings, some lingers shirts, some sweatshirts and jeans.

we got some lunch and then got some ice cream.

i think my girl had a pretty good day.

when we got home i helped her plug in her stuff and get her heating pad all ready to go. i set her up a little station in her bathroom with her stuff for her period and i let her be.

scott was picking up the kids.

i was so excited to see my babies.

* 20 minutes later *

i started in on dinner for everyone and scott comes in with the kids.

they was so excited to see me.

i'm so glad my kids are excited to see me because growing up i was never ever excited to see my parents at all. i mean now i love being around my mom but when i was younger me and chetta dreaded coming home.

they told me about school and about them staying with grandma and her husband.

they had a blast it sounds like.

scott brings me justin scott and i couldn't wait any longer.

my boy.

"hi momma boy." i say as i hold him in the air. his little smile gets me everytime.

his smile looks just like scott's and it's so cute.

i feed him and finally dinner was done so i call them everyone to eat. vivian was complaining about her cramps hurting so bad so i just took her food upstairs.

poor girl.

"thank you." she says as i smile.

"i'll be back up in a little bit to get your plate when you are done. get some rest baby girl." i say as i shut her door.

i go back downstairs with everyone else.

i got another girl to go through this with eventually and maybe by then her older sister can help her out. no matter what i'll help.

my older sister never helped me with anything like that.

i know she had to regret everything she's ever did. i know i regret alot of the hatred i had towards her my whole life.