Chapter one

Sam had only stayed at Stanford for about month when his finally called his brother. The fight had been with his father not Dean and Sam was hoping that Dean would find the letter he left asking him to come along. Dean might have hid it well but he knew that their dad did things when he wasn't around. Sam's heart leaps when he hears Dean pick up on the other end.
"Sammy whats going on are you okay?" Dean asked. Sam cried a little bit at the question because he was delighted and devastated at the same time.
"Yes I am but listen I really want to see you, there's something we need to talk about." Sam said.

"I thought you didn't want to see me again?" Dean asked.
"No Dean thats not it, I just wanted to live a normal life and get away from Dad but that doesn't mean I wanted you to go away." Sam responded. "I want you to get away from Dad too, he's hurting you." There was a bit of silence as Dean tried to play it off like he didn't know what Sam was talking about. Sam sighed heavily but decided they would argue about that when he arrived.
"Well I did find a possible job nearby so I'll come by, just give me a few hours." Dean responded.
"Alright one last job I can deal with that, what is it?" Sam asked.

"Well if I'm reading the article correctly a ton of men have gone missing then turn up days later with their eyes ripped out then become wacky corpses in seconds." Dean explained. Sam gagged a bit at the thought of being a witness to that kind of event.
"How wacky?" Sam asked.
"Like they were as gray and cold as solid rock." Dean responded. Sam had never heard of a monster that killed its victims like that save for one mythical story. He laughed at the thought of it being a cockatrice. As that was a monster with a chicken head and a snake's body, would be no challenge.
"Alright I'll do some research at the library, to see if I can find anything I might have a theory." Sam answered.

"See you soon Sammy." Dean joked.
"Its Sam!" He exclaimed.
"Nope its Sammy to me and always will be little brother." Dean responded and Sam could almost see his brother's smirk before he hung up. He was disappointed that Dean wanted to go hunt something else when he could have a normal life. Yet he wasn't going to miss the chance to see his brother again. He walked over to the library which was full of students studying for their classes. As he looked through the books shelves for something on Petrification, or any creature that could cause it.
"Great so of course there's hardly anything besides the gorgon that could be behind this." He whispered to himself. The librarian shushed him and he apologized.

When he got his hands on a book about the lore of gorgons, a girl dropped all of her books in front of him.
"Oh I'm so sorry I'm normally not so clumsy." She said.
"Its alright," Sam responded. Without a second thought he knelt down and helped her pick up all her books. "Greek mythology huh?" He asked.
"You could say I've got an interest in it, but even the best stories can get old I am moving on to other pantheons." She responded. Sam never got a good look at her before she took off yet left something behind, it was a worn out golden ring.
"Hey you dropped..." Sam began but couldn't find any sign of her in the crowd, with a shrug he kept the ring in his pocket.

***

Later after Sam met up with his brother of campus, the two tracked the list of victims to an old garden. It looked quire vibrant on the outside as ton of people were looking at the number of flowers. Yet despite all the beauty there was no place that stood out from all the rest. In the very back of the garden there was an abandoned three way labyrinth. The maze itself seemed to be from the mind of a disturbed individual. Braches that were growing into each other on all sides, making it impossible to walk through. Large roots had grown in the pathway and the leaves themselves were all dried up. A sign stood in front of the labyrinth with letters that had been made from wood, the Roshes Labyrinth.

"Yikes guess the gardener forgot to trim the hedges." Dean said as he touched one of the leaves. Upon the contact it became healthy and green again, which confused both brothers.
"Could this be some kind of trap set by the creature?" Sam asked.
"I don't know let's keep our guard up and hope this whatever this thing is isn't hungry." Dean responded. There was no evidence of anything or anyone being in the labyrinth, yet Sam still felt like someone was watching them. His eyes moved around in search of any type of movement yet the only thing he saw was rabbits.
"I still think its a gorgon or cockatrice, its gotta be nothing else I found could have turned those guys to stone." Sam said.

"Let's hope we can kill this son of a bitch then." Dean responded. As they walked further more statues began to appear, all of their expressions in shock, horror, or a combination of both. The statues became more frequent and Sam felt his insides twist inside him.
"Some of these statues are thousands of years old Dean." Sam said as he touched one and the head instantly came off, breaking into a ton of rocks.
"

Poor bastards, none of them saw any of this coming." Dean responded. A thought suddenly came to Sam when he noticed that most of the statues futher down the labyrinth had weapons. Every type of weapon from the weapons of Ancient Greece and Rome to the modern guns of the 21st century.

***

In her hiding place Medusa observed the newcomers and her snake senses picked up their hunter scent. She held back a hiss and adjusted her sunglasses to take a better look at them. When she saw the younger hunter she was hit with a ghost from her past, he looked exactly like her Iphiceles. She overheard them discuss what could be living her, and held back tears.
"Can it really be? My Iphiceles." She hissed. With a flick of her serpent tail and adjusting her head cover, she watched without a care in the world.