Chapter eleven

12 hours later

As soon as Sam told Dean about the incident he had to stop his brother from coming over to grab the snake.
"Please don't I'm fine and he means so much to Jessica." He said. Dean tried to argue he wouldn't be able to hunt if he could barely see, but his arguments all fell on deaf ears. He didn't want to be a hunter anymore and he didn't want Dean to take the heat for him. Their father was an abusive ass and Dean shouldn't have to put up with all that. Hence was why he called Dean every day for months until he agreed to come live with him.

"This is just temporary." He would say though he hadn't convinced himself that yet.
"What's temporary your lovers or my presentation?" Sam joked once he got back to the dorm. Brady had been acting weird and hostile so Sam decided to move out on him.
"Oh hush nerd boy I'm trying to think of ways you can woah Jessica." Dean responded.
"Yeah um about that there's something we need to talk about." Sam said. After what he had just seen, he thought he might be crazy. Yet the more he thought about it the more it made sense. Jessica hadn't appeared until they saw Medusa so of course they would be connected.

"Alright spill Sammy what is it?" Dean asked.
Sam almost lost his breath in attempt to find the words.
"Well this is going to sound crazy and I'm not sure I believe it yet but Jessica is a gorgon like Medusa." Sam explained. There was an awkward silence as Dean thought he heard wrong. The blurry image of his brother nearly falling out of his chair, made him realize this was real.
"What?!" Dean exclaimed. "Well not much of a snake charmer are you?" He asked sarcastically in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Dean I'm serious there's no actual record of her I checked after we started hanging out because I knew there was something different about her." Sam admitted.
"Wait so you stalked her?" Dean asked. This made Sam tense up as he felt bad for invading Jessica's privacy. Yet a part felt it was just a way to get to the truth.
" I know not one of my proudest moments but I did it for a good reason I wanted to make sure she was...she was.." He trailed off unable to explain his own actions.
"She was what and maybe there's nothing off about her maybe you just like her." Dean said. Of course Sam liked her all of his friends would not stop teasing him about it. Yet he felt there was no way she would ever like him if she knew he was a hunter.

"Of course I like her Dean but there's no point in that, if she is a gorgon she will never trust me." Sam responded. This made everything in the room tense up even more. As all Sam could think about was the fear in Jessica's eyes if he told her the truth. If she wasn't a gorgon she would run off in the other direction and she was, she would probably accuse him of using her. Either way he would definitely never see her again unless she came back for payback. His heart actually hurt and blurred vision wasn't what was making his world black.
"Is that how you really feel?" Dean asked breaking the silence. Sam didn't answer as he was still lost in thought about the personal battle in his head.

His hunting instincts told him that he should just go after the monster. Maybe that was the main reason he looked into her so much because he didn't want her to be.
"No I don't want to do anything to hurt her Dean, I know what Dad would say I know he  would claim its all just a monster's trick but I can't." Sam finally answered. "I don't want to kill her Dean, I care about her." He shed a few tears which actually cleared his vision a bit. Sam felt Dean sit next to him and touch his shoulder to comfort him.
" I know my word doesn't count for anything but dad isn't always right. I think you should do what you think is right." Dean said.

Sam wiped his tears and was shocked.
"Who are you and what have you done with my brother?" He asked. This made Dean punch his arm playfully and Sam laughed a bit.
"Hey just because I do everything Dad says doesn't I agree with it or think its right." Dean responded. "Now before we both start growing lady parts I want to ask something."
"Okay." Sam said. At least Dean wasn't one hundred percent teasing him for this.
"What do you want to do Sammy because it seems that you love her?" He asked. Sam froze at the word love, sure Jessica was attractive and he liked her. Yet wasn't love a word that shouldn't be used unless you were in a relationship.

"Well love is a strong...word." He stammered out.
"Oh don't give me crap like that I heard you talking in your sleep about her." Dean pointed out which made Sam turn red. As he thought about the dream he had where he was married to Jessica and they were expecting a child.
"I...um...don't know what you are talking about you are ridiculous." Sam argued.
"Ridiculous the only thing that's ridiculous is your denial, 'oh Jessica you are so beautiful' did I mention you sleep talk a lot." Dean mocked and Sam turned red again.
"Okay okay you are right I do have feelings for her, but she would never believe me." Sam admitted.

The friendship they had now was something and he wanted more, but he wouldn't push her into anything. He knew that someone had done something to her but he wasn't sure what. That limp didn't just randomly happen over night.
"Maybe she feels the exact same way about you Romeo, because trust me if you don't tell her how you feel you're always going to regret it." Dean explained. It was a bold statement but Sam knew he was right.
"Okay but what about the whole gorgon..." Sam began but Dean interrupted him by shushing.
"Case later first go confess besides its possible you are seeing a case that's not there." Dean responded. "I mean come on Sam there's no way someone like Jessica could be a gorgon."

Sam had stalled for hours by reading all night about the lore on gorgons. Along with the mythology about Medusa and any other resource he could find. Most myths said she was cursed so maybe he had to help her break a curse. At about four am he feel asleep at his desk and slept until he had ten minutes to get to class. He got ready in a rush and ran out the door with his pack back while Dean snored on the other bed. Jessica had been waiting for him and her eyes lit up when when saw him.
"Sam there you are, class is about to start and wait what happened to your glasses?" She asked. Sam laughed as she tried to find them and touched his face in worry.

"Its fine Jess I don't need them, I can see and I had a bit of a revelation last night." He said and grabbed her hand. As their hands touched he felt electricity course between them. Heat rose to his cheeks and his heart rate quicked yet he enjoyed the feeling.
"What kind of revelation?" She asked.
"There's something I need to tell you, can we talk about it tonight?" He asked. She nodded and hugged him.
"Of course you know I love our outings, I've come to enjoy the aspect of hanging out with friends." She responded.
" Actually I was thinking it could just be the two of us." He said. She looked shocked and let go of him.
"So that means we would be going on?" She asked and he smiled at her curiosity.
"A date." He said. She froze for a minute then smiled and hugged him again.
"I'd love to go out with you Sam." She clarified.