Chapter twelve

Jessica was shocked that she actually agreed to go on the date almost as shocked that Sam had even asked. She told herself that it was just temporary and she should enjoy it while it lasted. Yet her heart said yes because she didn't want it to end. So after another conversation with her loyal snakes she decided, she would give Sam a chance.
"I told you he liked you." Queenie stated. As Jessica got ready for their date at a movie and restaurant. She hadn't been to many so this was an absolute treat.
"Oh hush this is just a temporary thing, now where's the dress?" She asked. Queenie slithered over and dropped a red mini-dress with long sleeves and a loose white belt.

Jessica's eyes went wide and she placed it on herself. She decided to keep on the leather boots as she had grown fond of the look.
"Milady you should take off your sunglasses." Hoodie suggested. Jessica wasn't sure that was the best idea what happened if she turned someone to stone.
"What if someone looks at me?" She asked.
"Its okay milady your stare won't hurt anyone you are in your human form." Queenie explained. Jessica was unsure but she figured it would be okay to at least try to take them off on the date. It was only fair to let Sam see her whole face before he couldn't look at it.
"Alright but just this once, I don't want to turn anyone to stone." She said.

She stepped out of the labyrinth and heard her heels clunk against the ground. As she walked into the city,  the sun shone all over her body and a smile spread across her face. They had become more frequent ever since she agreed to the date. People looked at like she was normal and this made feel she wasn't a monster. She waved at them even if they hadn't noticed her.
"Good luck milady." Queenie hissed and flicked her tongue before setting down a bag of supplies down. Jessica knew she would have to take a pregnancy test when she came back. Yet she hadn't thought about the cruel sea god in days. Her nightmares of him had been replaced with dreams of Sam.
"I hope he likes the dress." She whispered under her breath.

A few minutes later she heard the familiar sound of the impala in the distance. She laughed and joked when she saw the car. "Well what do you know my Chariot has arrived." She said. Sam laughed as he got out of the car and opened the door for her.
"Milady." He joked. He took her hand and she raised an eyebrow at him for his Dean like behavior.
"Oh stop with all that you are reminding me too much of Dean, and I like you better." She responded.
"Well thank you and you look lovely." He said. Sam seemed a bit nervous when he said that so she squeezed his hand to comfort him.
"Thank you and you are lovely as well." She responded.

It had an effect as the two enjoyed their night together. They see love actually though Jessica ends up falling asleep a few times. The two still have a good time as their share a pizza and some mint ice cream.
"So did you like the movie?" Jessica asked.
"Well its sweet but kinda boring I usually enjoy more action." Sam commented.
"Yeah I couldn't have hated it more but I'm glad I was able to see it with you." She responded. "Oh my gosh this meat lovers pizza is delicious, I can't believe they never had this at home."
"Well I'm glad to see I've convinced you and are you sure you don't want to try the salad?" He asked. Jessica made a face at the leafy greens he was eating alongside the delicious pizza.

"No way its rabbit food, I used to have eat veggies a lot and I hated them so I enjoy meat." Jessica responded.
"You sound like my brother." Sam laughed. This made Jessica playfully hit him and then stole a slice from his plate. "Hey thats mine."
"Sorry its mine now." She said. The smirk on her face made Sam wish to kiss her, their moment was interrupted by a song playing on the radio. It was Only Hope from Walk to Remember which Jessica had made Sam watch ten times now. "Would you like to dance?" She asked shyly.
"I'm pretty bad." Sam said. This made Jessica smile and she grabbed his hands so they could both stand up.
"Come on you can't be that bad." She encouraged.

***

While Jessica was on her date a jealous Poseidon watched from the nearby water. How dare that girl try and break their deal, he had the urge to interrupt their perfect night.
"You think you can just come back here Iphciles and steal my girl!" He grumbled and crushed rocks between his teeth. Yet another idea came to mind he smirked, and had off for Jessica's laybrith. Queenie instantly tried to attack him along her snake siblings.
"Be gone you monster, you are not welcome in our home!" Queenie hissed.
"Yeah or we will poison you!" Hoodie added on.
"Oh and what are you going to do about it little snake?" Poseidon asked. He flicked the snakes off that tried to bite him and picked up the two twins.

"Let us go you don't scare us!" Hoodie exclaimed and he bit the sea god multiple times. Poseidon however simply brushed the venom off and squeezed Hoodie tight.
" oh I think you're all going to be very afraid of me if you're mistress decides to go back on our deal then I'm going to destroy what she has made." Poseidon declares. He snaps his fingers and his triton guards appear, he orders them to destroy the place and capture all the snakes. They obey and even kill a few that try to fight back to save Queenie and Hoodie.
"You bully you horrible terrible being, you are no god!" Hoodie exclaimed in between breathes.

Poseidon simply squeezed harder but then Hoodie spit venom in his eyes. It caused him a few minutes of pain and he dropped Queenie.
"Ahh my eyes!" He exclaimed.
"Hoodie!" Queenie hissed in worry for her twin. A few small tears ran down her scaled face once she realized he was saving her and not himself.
"Go Queenie you must find out mother and have her stop him!" Hoodie screamed back.
Queenie didn't want to leave all her siblings but when Poseidon recovered hardly phased from the venom. She took cover and the triton guards knocked her unconscious with their weapons. The snake's eyes went black and Poseidon smirked at the sight.

"Perfect now we use my favorite thing, blue fire." Poseidon declared. He carved a message with blue fire into the house walls with the words. Remember our deal, next time I'll kill all of them. As a last touch he squeezed the life out of Hoodie and hung him next to the message so Jessica would see it.
"My Lord there are mortals coming this way." A guard said to him.
"How many?" Poseidon asked.
"Two young teenagers must be on a date." The guard answered.
"Ahh I see Triton but I don't want any witnesses erase their memories and mark them with the snakes venom, it should kill them slowly." Poseidon answered.
"Yes sir."