Chapter thirteen

Jessica had a wonderful night and forgot all of her worries when she was with Sam. She was happy to hear that he had other interests apart from hunting. In truth Sam was a terrible dancer but Jessica found it funny as she wasn't good either.
"I told you I was bad." He said.
"Something tells me that you are good at a lot of things, plus I've seen worse." She responded.
"Oh yeah name three people who dance worse then me." Sam joked. This made Jessica think for a few minutes before she smiled.

"I can name four, my older sister, that weird emo kid across the hall, the DJ and myself. Besides you still haven't told me much about you. " She responded. This made the nervous vibe die down with all the laughter from the two.
"Hey I said three not four anyways what do you want to know?" He asked.
"So I know you are in prelaw Sam but are planning on being a lawyer?" She asked.
"Thats the plan, there's been a lot of problems in my family and I want to help others with those same issues." Sam responded. This made Jessica's heart beat with concern for him and she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"You don't deserve that Sam, you deserve a family that loves you because you are a good man." She said.
When the song was over Sam brushed Jessica's hair out of her face. She blushed and the two went to a nearby lake for some privacy. It was lovely and Jessica smiled but froze when Sam reached for her sunglasses.
A combination of fear and love shot through her. He seemed to sense her movements and told her it was alright.
"Jessica I want to see your eyes." He said.
"Sam I don't know if thats the best idea, I don't want anything bad to happen." She responded. Even if her human form would cause no harm, she dreaded him seeing a scale or something on her face.

"Jessica please I want to be able to see you, I won't be afraid I promise." He said.
They were wonderful words and a spark of hope grew in Jessica's chest. Her words didn't phase him and he gently took off her glasses. His vision was still a little blurry but there was no look of disgust on his face.
"Sam...I..." She stammered.
"I know I can't see all that well and you are scared but you are beautiful to me." He declared. This made Jessica shed a tear of joy and of sadness, because she needed to tell the truth. Her breath tightened as she wondered if she could tell him everything.
She wiped her tears and let him kiss her on the forehead.

"There's something I have to tell you Sam before you do anything." She said.
If he went in for her kiss she would not be able to stop herself from falling in love. Maybe it was already too late for that as these past months have been the most amazing time of her life.
"Is it too soon? I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." He responded. She shook her head and placed her hands on his face.
"No I want to do this again I like our dates but before you try and kiss me I just need to tell you something about me." Jessica said. The room seemed to close in around her as she tried to figure out how to explain everything.

Before she could say more however a terrible pain engulfed her. Her vision blurred as she saw all of her children in pain.
"Jessica?!" Sam exclaimed in concern. She didn't answer and began to tear up at the sight before. All of the snakes both young and old, who not served her but were her children. Were being pulled apart, strangled or even burned alive. Her heart shattered inside of her chest and she dropped to the floor in tears.
"No no no please no!" She cried. 
"Jessica what's wrong?" Sam asked with more concern. She still gave no response and ran off into the night. Hopefully Sam would forgive her for this later but now she needed to get home.

"Please be okay my darlings!" She begged as she ran all the way to the Labyrinth. The process took her hours and she pushed past people. She also ruined her dress with how often she tripped due to the heels on her feet. When her home came into view she could already smell the smoke. "No no Queenie, Hoodie, Diablo, Ruby, Cleo, anyone?!' She called out. There was no response from any of her children, which broke her further. When she saw the damage her home had been through, an inaudible scream left her mouth. Her whole life had once again been taken, as all that was left were corpses and a burned building.
"Milady..." A voice coughed from under a bunch of rubble.

Jessica overheard and removed the stone to see an injured Queenie who had saved something.
"Queenie I'm so sorry." Jessica cried. She grabbed onto her and soothed her. 
"No milady please don't...it was Poseidon...he did all this." Queenie explained through coughs. Jessica's heart burned with anger and grief at those words.
"I'll kill him but don't strain yourself Queenie I'm going to get you help, you have my permission to transform." She responded. Despite the risk of them being found out by the hospital staff.
"No Mom...you must listen Sam is the key to your freedom." Queenie coughed. "I can't not transform...my time has come, let me join my siblings."

Jessica shook her head as she didn't want to lose anymore of her children.
"No they won't find out, I'll protect you..." She choked. "You just have to transform and you can be free..."
Queenie shook her tiny little head and snuggled deep into Jessica's arms.
"No my... mission is to help you be free....I won't...reveal myself...you must go" Queeine declared. Jessica cried out and even used Queenie's real name to get her to listen.
"No I won't leave you Pegasus not in this form." She stated.
"Then please accept my final gift. Keep me and all of us with you. " Queeine stated. She gave Jessica a necklace with a winged horse on it.

Jessica teared up even more but accepted the necklace. The process allowed Queenie to pass away in her normal form which was not a poisonous snake but a naga. A woman with a serpent like tail, and sharp teeth. All of her children were like this and she grieved for them deeply. They hadn't asked to be cursed like she was, Poseidon had poisoned their lives too.
"I will my loves I promise." She cried. Her tears could have flooded the place but she would not care as everything was gone. Her eyes glowed a bright green as she saw the rest of her children had only changed back into their naga forms.

***

Back in his room Sam was freaking out as to why Jessica had run off. He tried calling her but there was no signal, as a storm seemed to have cut off everything. As he sat in the dark afraid for what might happen to her, he reached for his closet. Dean tried to calm him down but it was no use.
"I can't just stand here I have to find her." He said.
"Sam you can't go out there alone its dangerous." Dean argued. "I understand believe me I do just let me come with you."
"No Dean I know something is wrong and..." He began but was cut off by a knock at the door. Sam made no move to answer it as he was too worried about Jessica.

Dean answered the door and saw Jessica standing there soaked, distraught, cold and hurt. He gasped at her appearance and asked what happened but she didn't answer.
"Sam its for you." Dean said. This caught Sam's attention and the second he saw Jessica. He hugged her with rivers of tears in his eyes. Dean gave Sam a concerned look due to the state Jessica was in but left the two alone to talk.
"Jessica thank goodness I was so worried about you!" He exclaimed. "What happened?" He asked.
"Can..can I come in?" She sniffled. "I know that you are probably mad at me but I didn't know where else to go."

There were a ton of emotions in her face that said I'm sorry for existing.
"Are you okay do you need me to take you home?" Sam asked. Jessica just snuggled with him tighter at his question.
" that's the last place I want to be because everything is gone. Can we just be here? I have to tell you something important." She admitted. Sam let her cry into his chest and just held her close. He kissed her on the forehead in an effort to comfort her.
"What is it?" He finally asked.
"Sam...I'm not human." She responded.