Chapter fifteen

Sam was curious about a few things, if Jessica was Medusa how much of her story was true? While Jessica laid next to him on his bed she noticed his expression.
"What is it?" She asked.
"Hmm?" Sam responded snapping out of his thoughts. Jessica laughed and cuddled up closer on his bed so they could be closer.
"That's your thinking expression I see during class when you think you won't do well on a test. And every time you do fine, so what's on your mind?" She asked. Sam smiled and kissed her on the forehead. After everything that happened tonight, the last thing she needed was a bunch of questions. Some which might hurt her feelings or make her think he was scared of her.

"Nothing really." He responded. Though even to his own ears the lie was obvious and she flicked a few strands of her hair at him.
"Nice try Sam but you can't lie to me, my snake senses pick up on a lot of things." She said.
"Well there's goes all your surprise gifts." He teased. Which made Jessica kiss him again before putting a hand to his cheek.
"I didn't say I could pick up on everything and I like surprises, but if this about how our date ended I am sorry. We were having a great time but it wasn't fair of me to ditch you like that." She said. The look in her eyes was genuine and it only made Sam love her more. Call him a hopeless romantic but he had always felt a connection to Jessica, one he knew but couldn't explain.

"No Jess I'm not upset about that I understand you got a lot going on it's just that. I've got a lot of questions and it's not because I'm afraid of you or I'm upset with you." Sam responded. He returned her gesture and she let out a sigh of mixed emotions. Before resting her hand comfortablly on his shoulder.
"Well I don't doubt that you wouldn't and before you ask no I didn't lose my head." She explained. This made him chuckle a bit and Sam was grateful she didn't run off.
"So I'm curious how did you know I was a hunter?" He asked. Her slight frown turned into a beautiful smile and Sam wished to see it more.
"Well it was quite easy when you came walking around my labyrinth." She joked.

"Hey thats not fair I was going after the harpy." Sam responded. Jessica laughed again and reminded him of how she saved him from that harpy.
"Those harpies are so annoying but like I said they won't bother you as long as you're with me." She responded.
"Yes I can see that and back then you wearing that sexy green dress and hat." He teased. This made Jessica turn red and she playfully hit him.
"Hey I was playing a game with you, I had to make sure you and your brother were pure of heart. But since you asked I could tell because of your smell." She explained.
"Oh so I smell?" Sam asked. He raised his eyebrow and before she could respond began to tickle his girlfriend.

"Oh my gosh no I don't like being tickled!" She laughed. Sam went on as he wanted to make sure their fun night didn't end on a grim note.
"Aww but baby this is so much fun. Still think I smell?" He challenged her.
"Please stop I didn't mean you smelled bad." She giggled.
"Well since you said please." Sam said. The second he stopped she tickled him back with a vengeance. Sam almost died of laughter as he had never been tickled by a girl before.
"You shall now feel my wrath Sam, for I am the mighty Medusa." She declared with a smile.
"Never I won't give in." He said in between his laughs. Jessica smirked and kissed him on the lips to one up him.

"You know your lips taste even better when you are laughing, unlike your hunter smell which is of gun powder, library books, old motel rooms, and a pinch of sulfur." She responded. "I love the sweetness of it and the familiarity of it."
"Okay I give in." Sam said. As much as he hated losing, especially to his girlfriend. It would be even more embarrassing if died of laughter.
"Good choice honey and remember that I'm the tickle master in this relationship." She smirked. The two breathed heavily and feel deeper into the bed while flirting with each other. "You may ask any questions if you like." She said.
"Well have you seen some of the movies about you?" He asked.

"Yes I have and I'll have you know that I don't have wings, I don't eat people, and I didn't give birth to Pegasus or giant. I've had many children and some of them can turn into winged horses. But none of them were born that way, and most are gorgons like me, just snakes or nagas." She explained. At the mention of all her children Sam felt a hundred of emotions towards the lustful sea god. How often had that stupid Poseidon hurt her and told no one about it.
"I still wanna kill him." Sam said. It was no more than a whisper and Jessica looked at him. The tears that fell onto his face seemed to clear up any blurry vision he had left.
"Sam you don't have to worry, I'm okay and I have you. He has hurt me so many times and I know how others see me..." She began.

"Jessica you are not a monster I have seen real ones believe me and like I said if anyone is the monster its him." He interrupted him. She looked at him with another tearful gaze yet this time it was a hopeful look.
"Sam you are so amazing and you remind me so much about the heroes in my day. Not the fake ones like the gods but the real ones. You are right as I want no part of this curse which is why I stay in that laybrith." She responded.
"That's why our statues are monsters you were trying to keep people out so they wouldn't get hurt." Sam said. She nodded and kissed him again.
"The best thing I can do for others is try my best to keep them safe from me and stop other monsters from hurting them." She answered.

***
Without the secrets and even with the new dynamic, Sam and Jessica's relationship only got stronger. The two did all the regular couple activities like going on dates to learn more about each other. Along with making out between classes to avoid being caught by others. Dean of course found out about Jessica's scaley side when he found the viper in his bed. He was cautious of her but Sam was so happy that Dean dropped his suspicions of her. While they looked through a lore book on Poseidon, Dean decided to break the silence.
"Okay so what happened?" Dean asked.
"What do you mean?" Sam asked. He looked up from the book he was reading about a spell that could summon the Sea god.

"You know what I mean I'm sure she's got great scales to go along with that hair" Dean responded.
"Dean would you get your mind out of the gutter please." Sam argued. This made Dean laugh and sit on his brother's bed, which made Sam glare at him.
"Still holding onto your v card huh." Dean teased.
"Hey that is sacred ground." Sam responded.
"It is?" Dean asked. He smirked at the redness of Sam's face when he realized what had been said. Sam would be lying if things hadn't gotten a little frisky but he feared anything sexual would give Jessica PTSD.
"Dean nothing happened, besides we have to find a way to cure her." Sam said.
Dean just laughed and went back to reading his book.