Chapter three

The shock on their faces was funny but she knew what reaction always followed. Dean grabbed his gun and for a minute it seemed he was going to point it at her. She gave him a look of disapproval and placed it down with her hands. Dean jumped a bit while the other one Sam simply observed her.
"Sorry thats not going to work on me, besides I'm not here to fight hunters." She responded.
"Yeah right thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever had, you are probably going to turn us to stone!" Dean exclaimed. She tsked at him and called her snake back to her, with them watching.

"Please you two think you're the first ones to point a gun on me, I'm old very old but I'll say this I haven't seen hunters brave enough to come visit in a long time." Medusa responded. Sam still remained silent as she expressed great interest in them. She liked the strong silent vibe that Sam gave off, it was technique used to expose weakness. While she had no intention of doing either of them any harm, she knew how mortals saw her. Dean said they should just leave and come back with a way to kill her, but Sam disagreed.
"Are you nuts? She's killed all these people." Dean responded.
"Why?" Sam finally spoke.
"I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific with that question." Medusa responded.

She adjusted her sunglasses which made them both flinch.
"Why did kill all these people?" Sam asked. His hunter instincts seemed to have kicked in as he took out a knife. She looked at took it before cutting herself with it, to their shock her wound instantly fixed itself.
" I would tell you but the better question would be are you two both going to stop trying to kill me?" Medusa asked. Her heart warmed up on the inside as she played with these two. It had been so long since she could talk to anyone with them running away. The brothers both looked at each other and through her sunglasses she could see their fear.

"Great so what now, I don't think Ms. Snake Charmer will let us get far if we try to run." Dean whispered.
"I don't know I mean according to the lore she's supposed to be dead." Sam whispered back. Despite their volume Medusa still heard them and cleared her throat to get their attention.
"Yes I am supposed to be dead, but but not everyone who seems like a monster is a monster not everyone who's a hero is a hero." Medusa said. " but since you clearly want to know I'll show you what happened to those people who are looking for."
"How do we know we can trust you?" Sam asked. She looked back at him and the two locked eyes, the only barrier between them was black plastic.

His hazel eyes burned into her soul, and she saw the sadness in them.
"I should say the same thing about you, the last hunter who came by wanted to chop my head off." Medusa responded. She walked off with her back turned and adjusted the sleeves on her dress. For a long while the only sound behind her was silence and Medusa figured the two had not taken her offer. This upset her more than she liked to admit and she returned to her house.
"Milady." Her snake said.
"Not now my darling I need to be alone for a bit." Medusa responded.

***

Sam went back and forth between taking the gorgon's offer. Every hunter instinct he had fought against his kind heart, or maybe it was naivity. Medusa was a monster not a person he could trust, she probably just wanted to kill him.
"Hey you awake in there?" Dean asked.
"Yeah just thinking, anything in Dad's journal about how to kill a gorgon." Sam responded.
"No and if knives and guns don't work, I'm not sure what would put a dent on her." Dean said. Sam wondered if they could chop off her head but since that had already been tried. He was unsure how effective that would be, as she was still around.
"I guess we will have to see." Sam responded.

He couldn't find the words to say much else as he walked around the garden and checked all of the statues. At first glance the shocked expression on all the statues seemed to just be innocent humans. However the closer he looked the more monstrous the statues appeared to be.
"Sam whats up?" Dean asked.
"Dean come here look." Sam responded. Dean comes over and Sam brushes the leaves of the statues.
"Is that?" Dean asked. The older Winchester's face morphed into a mixed expression of shock, confusion, disbelief, and relief.
"Werewolf claws at least on this statue, I saw some Wraiths, Skin walkers, and a few other monsters." Sam responded.

"So none of this people are actually people, they are all monsters even some we haven't seen before." Dean said. There were monsters from all types of mythology like kitsunes, griffins, elves, changelings, faires, and so much more. Sam felt a sense of curiosity and it seemed Dean felt a bit of the same. Despite his claims that they should just leave and forget all about Medusa.
"I don't know Dean, I want to know more." Sam responded. He was shocked by his own words and Dean looked at like he was stupid.
" Sam just because she's turning monsters into stone it doesn't mean she's our friend if anything this means she's even more dangerous." Dean said.

"But I...." Sam trailed off and just sighed. There was no way they could just stay in this maze all day, if they couldn't kill Medusa. The best thing they could do was find a way to try or at least keep everyone away.
"No buts we are leaving and I don't want to see or hear anymore about this Medusa." Dean said. " We are going to take you back to school and forget this ever happened."
Sam looked away into the distance for a minute he thought he could see the figure of Medusa again.
" yeah you're probably right nothing is worth coming back here." Sam responded. It was a bold statement and there was a part of him that knew he had lied to himself.