Chapter - VI

What a fucking day!
She cursed out loud when her car abruptly stopped.
It was raining cats and dogs, and on top of that, her car stopped working, too, in the middle of the road.
She got out of the car without minding the rain and tried to push it, but nothing seemed to work, and the annoying horns from other cars were eating her already half-eaten brain.

It was already a terrible day at the office when she lost the chance to do a presentation because of that freaking nepobaby SEOJOON.
Ahh fuck, she cursed again and kicked her car, which made her wince in pain.
She was now completely drenched in the rain.
The sadness and soreness were eating her up, so she did what seemed right to her.

-

I moved over to a shop to let my already drenched self not drench furthermore, I pulled out my phone to make a call to Jungkook to ask me to pick me up and also to the mechanics to come and pick up the car.

Fuck fuck fuck. This day can't even get worse. The stupid phone got switched off due to no charge.

I was really feeling emotional, and the next thing that came to mind was SOJU.

It would be a really bad idea to drink alone, especially on a Monday evening, because you have to wake up Tuesday early for work.
But the frustration in me made me decide to have just one bottle.

Why the fuck did you steal my position? You stupid SEOJOON
Do you know that, unlike you, I'm not the chairman's son, and I have to fucking fight for my position?
I was drunk talking, more like crying to the bottle in front of me.

Hey kid, are you alright?
The aunt from the shop asked me

Noooooo aunty... I'm not even close to fine.
I sipped another bottle.

Heyy aunty on! *hiccup* One more bottle, please!

You have already finished six bottles, my child, and your system won't take a bit of it anymore. Also, I'm closing soon.

Do you have anyone to call to pick you up?
I nodded my head and smiled like a fool.
Aunty, do you know I'm married?
I showed her my ring finger and laughed like a maniac.
And aunty, do you know he is handsome as fuck?

I took up an empty soju bottle and showed it to her.
Look, this is my husband, so cute, right? But no!!!
I pulled back the bottle, hiding it in my blazer.
You won't get him.
He is only mine.
And I was laughing like a fool again.

Aunty has seen people like this, so she took out her phone to call someone, but her phone was switched off.

-

It's already 9 p.m., and she is not back home yet. I was pacing back and forth because she said she'd be home by seven.
I took my phone to call her, but it went to voicemail.

Hello, this is Ha-ni. Please leave a message.

Honey, where are you, and why aren't you picking up? Call me back soon, ok?

I ended the call, but I felt something was bad.
It was raining heavily outside, and my worry spiked up. I didn't know what to do.
I don't even have her friend's number, and she isn't picking up her phone.
I called her again, but this time it said that her phone was switched off.

Should I go check on her?
I was contemplating it with myself but decided to wait some more. Maybe an important meeting came up and her phone had no battery?
Each minute felt like an hour for me.
The bad thoughts in me were ringing alarms, and I couldn't ignore them.
I took out my car keys and went out to search for her, but I don't know where to search.
So the first thing I did was go to her office and inquire. There, I got to know that she left at 6 p.m.