─── 𝟎𝟎𝟑. Back to the Motherland

—————————————————————

—————— PITY PARTY
...1.04—————— •

—————————————————————

   "My dad is going to kill me for being out all night, but at least we completed the mission." Olivia looks at the boy next to her.

The sun had risen, and the two teens had gotten slushes on the way to the ferry back to the Outer Banks. On the way the two had talked, and talked, and talked as if they stop talking, the world would possibly end.

   "Yeah. Yeah." John B slurps his slushy. "You know, speaking of the mission, you're not as bad as I thought you'd be." John B looks at Olivia. Olivia puts her head on the window and  smiles. "Well, what'd you expect?" Olivia asks. "Do you want me to answer that?" John B asks, "I mean, yeah." Olivia nods. "I have an idea. Maybe a Kook princess?" John B starts off. "Bubble Wrap queen?" Olivia jokes. "Somethin' like that. Rude to waiters at a minimum, type of thing." John B shrugs.

"I thought you thought of me as a lying, selfish, manipulating, spoiled bitch." Olivia says. "Well, no. I-" John B sighs. "I'm kidding. But, you're not what I expected either." Olivia turns her head to the water.

"Much weirder. For starters, you are totally ADD." Olivia says. "Yeah." John B nods. "And I thought you were this really laid-back, surfer, dude-bro. And it turns out you are on a paternal jihad." Olivia adds. "Yeah, I'm just trying to get this letter translated." John B looks down at the paper in his hands. It wasn't the original copy, he printed it from he had just printed the picture from his phone.

"Hey...to breaking expectations." Olivia holds up her drink. "Salud." The two say at the same time.

"So...what's it gonna be like when we get back?" John B asks, "What do you mean?" John B sighs. Olivia looks at the boy. "Well...you know, like, um..." "This?" Olivia finishes. She smiles at him. "Nothing changes, I guess? Right? I'll go back to the bubble." Olivia trails off. "Like, Topper back to the bubble?" John B slightly frowns. "No." Olivia chuckles. "That bubble is long gone." Olivia sighs. "And, um...I guess you'll go back to being a..fugitive." Olivia frowns.

"I had a great day though. Thank you for letting me come, best day ever." Olivia smiles again. "Me too." John B smiles as well.

• ————————————

Olivia and John B stand up and get off the boat. They walk side by side on the dock. "Now that we have returned to the motherland...we must revert to our real identities, so if you see me on the street..." Olivia trails off again, stepping in front of John B. "Yes, of course. I am a true, uh, professional. It's been a pleasure working with you, comrade." John B nods. "Pleasure is always mine Vlad." Olivia smiles. Olivia salutes to John B before turning around and walking away. John B watches as she walks away, he scoffs.

"Wait! Uh...Wh...Really?" John B catches the attention of the girl. Olivia turns around and covers her eyes from the rain. Olivia furrows her eyebrows.

   "That's it? You're just gonna walk away like this never happened?" John B asks.

"We agreed on that didn't we? Plus that's what professionals do, right?" Olivia raises her voice. "Olivia, I just had the best day of my life!" John B says. Olivia starts to slowly walk back, "You're gonna blow our cover John B." Olivia wipes the rain off of her face.