─── 𝟎𝟏𝟏. Happy Endings

—————————————————————

—————— PITY PARTY
...1.12—————— •

—————————————————————

   "That's him! The cop killer!" A lady shouts. A figure comes out of the church, holding his hands up, with a hood covering their face. "Get him!" Another woman shouts. "On your knees Routledge!" Shoupe shouts. There were officers surrounding 'John B' and pointing guns at him. "Hands where I can see 'em!" Shoupe shouts again. "Don't shoot!" 'John B' shouts getting on his knees, with his hands up. Everybody watching starts shouting over each other telling the police to shoot him. An officer walks over to 'John B' and cuffs him.

"It's Topper!" Topper shouts facing his head up. Shoupe's sighs, "Topper?" Shoupe asks. "It's Topper! Put the guns down man." Topper catches his breath. Officer Thomas stands Topper up. "What the hell are you doing?" Shoupe asks. "I don't know what the hell happened in there, all right?" Topper looks around, then squints at the bright lights.

   "That's bullshit. I ain't buyin' it. You need to tell me what's goin' on." Shoupe steps in front of Topper. "Is this how you treat people who try to help?" Topper asks. Shoupe rolls his eyes, "All right, smart-ass. Thomas! Plumb! Go talk to him. Get him in the car." Shoupe sighs.

"Alright everybody! Get backed up!" Shoupe shouts.

   Olivia grabs John B's hand, they look back at the crowd before running down the road away from the cops.

Olivia glances back and sees people start to walk away. The girl chuckles and looks forward. She squeezes John B's hand.

• ————————————

   "We can hide in here." Olivia whispers walking up the porch. "You sure this is a safe place to hide?" John B asks glancing back. "Yup." Olivia pops the 'p'. "It Rose's listing." Olivia pushes the buttons and the door clicks. "Wards birthday." Olivia mutters and she opens the door and steps in. "Let's check this street, they can't be far." Somebody says. "Shit." John B whispers. John B slightly pushes Olivia into the house. Olivia puts her back on the door and slides down pulling John B down with her.

Olivia puts her finger to her mouth telling John B to be quiet. "I got this one. You check the next door." An officer orders. "Okay will do." Another officer walks away. Then a flashlight flashes through the side window.

   The first officer sighs after seeing nothing. "I'll check around back." The second officer nods.

"He's probably headed over to the cut." The officer says after checking inside.

   Olivia peaks out the window to make sure nobody is still on the porch. Olivia sighs and leans back on the door. "Let's go. Let's go upstairs." John B pulls Olivia up. "Let's go! Come on! This way!" Nick shouts from the outside. "Can't believe that's my brother." Olivia rolls her eyes as she climbs the staircase.

• ————————————

Soon later the couple finds a big closet and set up a 'bed' like Olivia, Kiara, and Sarah had did on the boat when the boys had left them. Olivia slightly smiled at the memory, it only felt like a long time ago even though it was more of a few weeks.