─── 𝟎𝟎𝟖. Antiques and Relics

—————————————————————

—————— PITY PARTY
...1.09—————— •

—————————————————————

"Liv, he's fine. It's JJ." John B says resting his hand on her moving knee. "I know. B-but what if he goes home?" Olivia asks intertwining her fingers in front of her. Pope and John B trade each other a look. Pope shrugs slightly, John B sighs, Sarah furrows her eyebrows, and Kie frowns.

When the Pogues weren't doing anything gold related, JJ would talk to Olivia about what goes on at home. Olivia would comfort the blonde and told him 'I'm here for you, we all are. And if you need any help, anything JJ, ask us okay?' but JJ isn't the type of person to..well, express his feeling to others. If that makes sense. He doesn't care about his feelings, only the people around him. His friends and family.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home." Pope tells himself, and the others. Little do they know the blonde is walking home right now.

Sarah and Kie sit down at the table, Kie by Pope, and Sarah by Olivia.

"Okay. It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal." Olivia chuckles and nods. "So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. Bring it all up at once. Put it in...in a safe or a vault or something. I... I don't know." Pope paces back and forth on the porch. "Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can figure it out tonight, get it done, and we can be out there tomorrow morning." Pope says.

Olivia looks at John B. "All right let's do it." Kie starts to stand, "Easy." Sarah follows Kie's actions. "Wait." Olivia watches the girls stand up, then she looks at John B. "Wh- what about that thing." John B furrows his eyebrows, not recalling a 'thing' happening. "With my dad, and..and Ward?" Olivia scratches her head slightly.

Kie looks at Olivia, "What?" She scoffs. "Shit." John B digs his head in his hands. "What thing?" Pope asks. "I have to go fishing with Steve." John B puts his hands down on the table. "You can't get 400 mil 'cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Pope asks, the boy was looking pretty stressed.

"Look I have to go." John B sighs. Olivia looks at Kie who just rolls her eyes. Olivia then looks at Sarah, the girl just shrugs slightly and turns her attention to Kie. "Blow it off." Kie suggests, Olivia shakes her head. "He already agreed. He can't just blow it off last minute. My dad wo-" Olivia puts her hands up in defeat, not wanting to argue. "It's 400 million! In gold!" Pope groans. "Make something up!" Sarah suggests. "Already tried that. Didn't work." Olivia shrugs.

"Look, I... I have to, okay?" John B says in a calm tone. He looks at his best friends who have mad expressions on their faces. He...he saved me, all right? If it weren't for Steve, I'd be in foster care." John B shrugs and Kie crosses her arms over her chest. "So...I have to go." John B says. "Plus, it'll be better to do it at night...right?" John B asks.

Pope sighs, "Fine. Fine! Go fishing. And at least JJ
will probably have washed up by then." Pope shrugs.

Then the room goes silent. Olivia clears her throat. "I gotta go." Olivia says. "You mind taking me home?" Olivia asks. "Yeah." John B stands up as well.

   "I'll see you guys." Olivia waves to Sarah, Kie, and Pope. "Bye." They say in sync.

• ————————————