─── 𝟎𝟎𝟒. Jellyfish

—————————————————————

—————— PITY PARTY
...1.05—————— •

—————————————————————

Olivia fidgets with her bracelets, anxiously waiting for John B to wake up. She looks up as she hears shuffling and groaning. Olivia puts her hand on John B's. Olivia kisses John B's hand and smiles at him as he opens his eyes. "Hi." Olivia says softly. "Hi." John B's voice was raspy, but he clears his throat. "Where am I?" John B asks. "You fell from the Hawk's Nest. You have a concussion and a broken wrist, pretty rad huh?" Olivia jokes. "Woah." John B looks at his other arm with a cast on it.

John B looks up slowly and starts to get out of bed. "I need to get outta here. DCS is gonna find me..." John B trails off. Then Steve walks in "Hang on kid, Olivia told me everything." Olivia lets go of John B's hand as she hears her dad walk in.

Steve puts his hands in his pocket. "About your little adventure, about you running from the DCS, about how you were protecting her in the tower." Steve sighs. "John, I believe I owe you an apology. You were honest with me and Ward about a small indiscretion, and we went ahead and fired you anyway. And we shouldn't have. Unfortunately, from time to time, I have a bit of a... short fuse." Steve chuckles. "Ask her." Steve points to Olivia. "Oh yeah." Olivia makes a face.

"I'd like to make up for it, if you'll let me. I spoke with Sheriff Peterkin, and...me and Gabby have offered to be your legal guardian, if you'll have us." Steve shrugs. "What?" John B looks at Olivia. Olivia smiles and nods at him. "It'd mean a roof over your head and no more runnin' from the DCS." Gabby wraps her arm around Steve's waist. "Sure, yeah. Uh...sounds good." John B nods. Olivia practically senses John B feeling uncomfortable. "Okay, then, it's settled. Welcome to the family John." Steve smiles.

• ————————————

"This is your room." Olivia sits on the bed, looking around the room. "Woah." John B chuckles. "It's not too shabby, huh?" Olivia smiles. "Yeah. Not too shabby at all." John B looks at the girl. Olivia stands up and walks over to John B. "And..my room is right across the hall, in case you were wondering." Olivia smiles. "Are you okay?" Olivia asks. "Yeah. No, I'm good. I'm good. I got it." John B nods. "But I have to warn you...I sleep walk. So if I show up in your room in the middle of the night..." "Just roll with it huh?" John B asks putting his hands on her waist. Olivia shrugs. "Yeah." Olivia kisses John B while smiling.

"Olivia Natalia Marshall!" Steve's voices shouts. Olivia pulls away and runs to the bed sitting on it. "You've already broken the first rule." Gabby leans on the door frame. "Stay out of each other's rooms." Steve finishes for Gabby. "All right, seriously. Picture that as a boundary. This is like a minefield." Steve says. "Yes sir?" Gabby looks at the teens. "Yes sir." Olivia nods. "Yes, sir, John B?" Gabby raises an eyebrow and gives John B the "mom" look. "Uh, yes, sir. Yeah." John B nods.

"Olivia can you give me and the new inmate a quick minute here, and go help your mom in the kitchen?" Steve asks. "Sure." Olivia jumps off the bed. Olivia walks past Steve. "Please be nice." Olivia says. "I'll be nice." Steve nods. The two ladies walk downstairs to the kitchen.

• ————————————

Olivia reads a book in the little office by the door, the door opens then closes. Olivia looks up and sees Topper. "Get out." Olivia stands up.