9

Chapter 9:

"Dev." someone's small voice whispers close to me.

Slowly I open my eyes to see Cam's bright blue ones staring back at me watery. Cocking my head I bring my hand up to her face and wipe at her wet eyes. "Why are you crying?" I ask groggily and she sniffles wiping at her own eyes.

"Bruh you know i'm a cry baby." she says trying to make a joke and I give her a small smile because it was worth the try.

"Dude I know but whats the point in crying? I just have the flu or something." is ay trying to write it off.

Cam shakes her head and her lips wobbles making more tears break free. "The Doc doesn't think its only the flu."

"What do you mean?" I ask a little confused. He can't just know what it is by the symptoms can he? "Where's daddy and Silas?" I look around the room and neither of them are anywhere in sight.

Avoiding my question she says "They stepped out for a few to talk to the Doc."

Putting my legs over the bed I stand and Cam rushes over to me telling me  should sit back down. I shake my head and walk around her. I am the patient and if he thinks I have something he should tell it to me.

Opening the door I spot Silas my daddy and an older man I a lab coat that I assume is the Doc. Their standing on the other side of the hall taking in hished whispers. "Daddy." I say getting his attention. He jumps a little frightened and looks over to me. His eyes are bloodshot and I know he has been crying. "Are you okay?"

Daddy walks over to m and puts his hand on my shoulder trying to steep me into the room but I stay planted. He would have been able to move me but hes being way to gentle so I know somethings up. "I'm fine baby girl. You should go back and get some rest."

"I don't want to rest I want to know whats wrong with me. Why do you all look a mess?" I demand looking at them all. Cam is standing in the doorway of my room looking like shes been hit by a school bus. Daddy looks like he hasn't slept in days and Silas hasn't stopped staring at me since he knew I was here.

He doesn't looks like he has been crying but he looks like he could break down any minute if he wasn't trying to stay strong.

"If its okay with you we are going to keep you over night so we can preform a series of tests on you. We want to know why you are feeling the way you are feeling." the Doc says after a few minutes f no one else saying anything.

"I think you already have a feeling why."

Doc nods slowly and says "I do but I don't know I could be wrong."

"You're probably dude not so go on.." Daddy shakes his head and picks me off of the floor taking me back into the room. He sets me on the bed and takes a seat beside me.

"You don't need to know what he thinks because its only going to make you discouraged and I want you to be so encouraged you kick this thing in the shin."

"Fine but you gize cant go around moping because its only going to make me sad. I don't wanna be sad." My eyes start welling up with tears and daddy pulls me onto his lap squeezing me tight.

"You are alright baby girl."

He embraces me a long time before the Doc speaks up. "We have a room ready for you. Amanda will show you the way while I schedule the tests and then I will be up to let you know when and what will happen during these tests."

The way up to the room Silas and Cam hold my hands. Daddy stays close to me as he chats with the nurse asking her when I eat and drink. Just anything that will keep his mind off of what the Doc said to them.