11

Chapter 11:

"Has she been sleeping all afternoon?" daddy whispers when he comes into the room.

"Yah, she was up all night throwing up." Cam says hoarsely and i open my eyes looking over at her. Her big blue eyes are leaking water and i sigh looking into them.

"Cam." i mumble she's suppose to stay strong and crying is not staying strong.

She sniffles and wipes her eyes sitting up straighter. "I'm good." she says using her hand to swat me away.

"Hey baby girl." daddy says coming to my side of the bed to give me a hug. He hugs me softly and i grunt not liking that their treating me like im going to break.

"Hey daddy." i smile laying back against the pillow. "Where's Silas?"

Daddy looks at the door and then back at me. "He went to go get you something to eat."

With a shake of my head is state "I'm nt hungry."

"What?" Cam says in disbelief and outrage. "You only ate a fry and a bite of your Mc Chicken last night."

Nodding at her slowly i repeat. "I'm not hungry."

"You'r always hungry." she mumbles and i shoot her a stank look.

"Cameron." daddy says lightly but with warning and she looks down. He comes to sit by me and takes my hand running his thumb over the top lightly.

"Daddy." i mumble and he looks up at me with wet eyes. "Daddy don't cry." bringing my self to a sit i scoot to him and wrap him into a hug. He sighs and raps his arms around me holding me close. "I'm going to be fine daddy."

Water hits my shoulder and i bite my bottom lip trying to keep myself from crying. If their not going to be strong how am i going to be strong? "The Dr. Called me this morning." he states and i bring my eyebrows together confused.

"What did he say?" i ask curiously and he pulls back from me to look my face over.

"Do you want to wait for Silas?"

"For what?" Silas's deep voice says from the door way. I look over to him and smile largely when i see he looks refreshed. "Hey." he says softly connecting his eyes with mine. "Did you sleep okay?" he asks concerned coming into the room.

He sets a packed sandwich and chips on the table and sits beside daddy and i on the bed.

"I slept fine. Did you?"

Silas mumbles and uh-huh and gives me a light kiss on the forehead making my heart swell. "Why are you waiting for me?" he asks again and daddy sighs.

"The doctor called me this morning with the results. He said that he will be here at eleven."

Looking up ta the clock i see it's about to be eleven in a few minutes. "Are we waiting for him?" i ask confused and daddy nods.

"I would like to so he can explain it all."

"What is there to explain?!" i ask in outrage. "I have the flu."

Daddy frowns but doesn't say anything. I sit back against Silas and he pulls me in between his legs letting me rest my back against his chest. Picking up his huge hand i put mine against it and smile. "You have little hands." he says and i shake my head looking at him.

"No, you just has Hulk hands."

Silas chuckle and picks up my other hands with his free one. He laces our fingers together and rests them on my stomach. He leans down and whispers quietly. "Do i get to know here those piercings are now?"

Giggling i shake my head and look back at him. "It's a surprise." i whisper back and he chuckles amused.

"Miss. Carter how are you doing today?" Doc asks brining my attention back to him.

"I'm fine." i smile a slight lie because i'm so tired but he doesn't need to know that.

"Have you ate or drank anything this morning?"

"No." Daddy states and the Doc looks down at his clipboard with a frown.

"Your results came back." he states and i think everyone sucks in their breath. "Do you want everyone in the room?" he asks and i nod my head knowing their not going anywhere even if i said they had to. The Doc nods and says with a straight face. "You have stomach cancer."

My heart stops and I shake my head. "No. No. I can't have stomach cancer."

Doc nods and says "We caught it early enough and it can be removed for surgery but we want to do that immediately."

"Can you explain to us what you do in surgery?" Silas asks holing onto me tighter.

"We will go in and take out the infected part of your stomach. It is only one fourth of your stomach at the bottom. So we will remove that and sow you back up. It should only take three hours at the most and then you will have to be in the hospital two weeks before you can go home. When you go home you ned to be watched and make sure you eat enough and get enough water."

I sit there in a daze not believing that I have stomach cancer. How did this happen I have always been so healthy. Eating right and working out when I was suppose to. "When can I do the surgery?" I ask because I want to get back to normal.

"Tomorrow at twelve." the doc says and I nod.

"I wanna do that. Can I go home tonight though. Cam has a date and I want to see her off."

The doc frowns largely and look over at my bawling sister before nodding. "Be back at ten tomorrow morning and make sure you drink enough water but don't drink anything after twelve." he says sternly and I nod with a smile. "I'll get the nurse and she'll be in with your papers."