𝟎𝟐

- Tell It To The Frogs

" I'm trying" was the first thing Sarah heard as she glanced up from the book that she was reading raising her brows in amusement at the sight of Lori attempting to give Carl a haircut but he kept fidgeting where he sat between his mothers legs

" I'm trying" was the first thing Sarah heard as she glanced up from the book that she was reading raising her brows in amusement at the sight of Lori attempting to give Carl a haircut but he kept fidgeting where he sat between his mothers legs. " Well, try harder" Lori scolded Carl as she kept her attention on cutting her sons hair that was growing out causing Shane to nudge Sarah shoulder with a teasingly look on his face, " if he thinks this is bad, wait until he's shaving"

Sarah laughed shaking her head in amusement closing her book, " Oh, God. The horror of becoming a man" Lori snorted quietly to herself sending the blonde a grin while Shane had an offended look on his face ruffling her hair only for Sarah to shove him away before he turned around to face Carl, " that day comes, you'd be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts" Carl raised his brows staring directly at Shane and muttered, " I'll believe that when I see it"

"I'll tell you what... you just get through this with some manly dignity and tomorrow I'll teach you something special. I will teach you to catch frogs" Shane tried to bribe Carl who didn't look impressed as he shrugged his shoulders and stated, " I've caught a frog before" Shane chuckled in amusement shaking his head and corrected him, " I said frogs... plural and it is an art, my friend. It is not to be taken lightly. They are ways and means few people know about it. I'm willing to share my secrets"

Carl looked between Sarah and his mother causing Lori to move his head so his facing forward again, " Oh, we're girls. You talk to him" Shane chuckled at the brunette comment as he raised his brows and said, " it's a one time offer, bud... not be be repeated" Carl frown deepened with an confused look on his face and asked, " why do we need frogs, plural?" Shane tilted his head to the side while he was cleaning his gun looking between the three of them , " you ever eat frog legs?"

Sarah, Carl and Lori all scrunched their faces up with a look of disgust, " Eww!" Shane tried to hide his smile as he shook his head in disagreement and corrected him, " No, yum!" Lori rolled her eyes letting out a heavy sigh as she continued cutting Carl hair, " No, he's right. Eww." Shane glanced between the two women with a teasingly glint in his eyes, " Well, when we get down to that last can of beans. You're gonna be loving those frog legs, ladies. I can see it now ' Shane, do you think I could have a second helping, please? Please? just one!"

"You're such an ass" Sarah shook her head slapping him on the chest lightly but couldn't help the smile that appeared on her lips making Shane laugh at the two girl's expression on their faces, " don't listen to them, man. You and me, we'll be heroes. We'll feed these folks cajun-style Kermit legs" Lori shook her head and muttered under her breathe, " I would rather eat Miss Piggy. Yes, that came out wrong"

"Heroes, son, spoken of in song and legend. You and me, Shane and Carl" Shane trialed off when the sound of a car alarm blared loudly in the distance causing everyone to stand up instantly in caution and worry knowing that the noice will attract the walkers and wherever walkers are death follows soon behind, " talk to me, Dale!" Shane called out loudly as everyone gathered around the RV where the man was stood on top with a pair of binoculars in his hands looking in the distance to see who it is that's the cause of the car alarm.