𝟎𝟖

- Wildfire

Sarah was in the middle of packing her things in a backpack as half of her other things were already in Dale RV, Glenn had been the one to tell her when she woke up with morning that everyone will be heading towards CDC in hopes of finding refuge ...

Sarah was in the middle of packing her things in a backpack as half of her other things were already in Dale RV, Glenn had been the one to tell her when she woke up with morning that everyone will be heading towards CDC in hopes of finding refuge and hopefully they had discovered a cure for the virus to help Jim who had been getting worse at every passing moment and while Sarah wanted nothing more than to search for her family she knew she would not survive it alone especially in her condition and that theirs safety in numbers and that they are most likely to survive together.

The sound of footsteps was heard from behind her causing the blonde to turn around only to see Rick who was reentering camp holding a radio in his hands causing Sarah to tilt her need to the side with a curious look on her face, " Hey, you okay?" She called out causing him to turn his head towards the sound of her voice only to see her leaned against her car sending her a small smile, " Yeah, I gotta be. For my family and everyone else"

"Who's on the other line?" Sarah questioned gesturing towards the radio that was in his hand making him glance towards to the walkie-talkie before averting his eyes back to the blonde women, " when I first woke up from my coma, I had no idea what was going on and I met this man Morgan he saved my life along with his little boy. They explained what was going on, showed me what the world had turned into. I only stayed with him a couple of days before going our separate ways as I needed to find my family and Morgan wanted to stay behind for a couple more days before following me up to Atlanta"

Sarah nodded her head in understanding as Rick continued to talk, " we found the walkie talkie back at the station so we took them to stay in touch and if he ever wanted to join me out here. I owe a debt to him and his little boy because without them I probably wouldn't of survived" Sarah frowned tilting her head to the side and asked, " and has he replied since you've went your separate ways?"

"No, and that's what worrying me. I don't know if they're alive or not" Rick shook his head in response with an concerned look on his face for the man and his son that had helped him when he woke up from his coma. Sarah squeezed Rick arm in reassurance as she tried to comfort him, " I wouldn't worry about it to much. By the way you talk about them they seem strong and are able to handle themselves. Like Shane said those radios are probably unreliable it probably can't reach signal that far out. All you can do is just hold onto hope that they're both all right and maybe one day you'll see them again"

Rick stayed silent for a couple of moments as he nodded his head in agreement before his eyes settled on Lori who was standing with their son, " I just worry about Carl... this is something that children shouldn't be worried about. They would be focused on homework and playing with their friends but now it's all about survival and I don't know if this will change him from who he is just to accept that the world is never going to be the same again"