CHAPTER 7

THE CULLEN HOUSE_____________꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

THE CULLEN HOUSE
_____________
꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

Bree didn't remember much of the house she had lived in as a human. Her muddy memory showed a small house. It had been filthy and unclean from how it was hardly ever cleaned. A strong odour of alcohol had stung in the air.

She had slept in a small room next to her father's room. The room had only space for a bed and a nightstand, causing her to feel a bit claustrophobic. The dust had always gathered around her until she was forced to be brave enough to ask her father for cleaning supplies. They were located in his room, where she was not allowed to go.

Now, she watched the huge contemporary house in front of her, eyes wide from astound. The coven's house rose gracefully in the middle of the forest, keeping nature off its plot. She was speechless from the building. She had expected to see a small shack overrun by plants, but instead was faced with a house bigger than her human one. How had the coven managed to pull a house like this out? Had they stolen it and killed its previous owners? Perhaps they had acquired it in some other shady way? There were millions of possibilities for how the house could have ended up with yellow eyes.

"We can try out some outfits and..." the pixie babbled next to the young teen. She had walked along with her, sticking to her side like a cockroach.

Unable to stop herself, Bree gave a glare at the vampire. She was dumbfounded at how the raven-haired girl was walking so confidently and uncaringly next to her, whereas the scarred boy had towered over her threateningly the whole way, refusing to leave her side. It made the newborn nervous. She did not like the southern boy. He radiated danger, his scars emanating from their vicious history.

"We should let Bree settle in first," the caramel-haired woman said. The warmth in her voice radiated towards the girl, making her feel welcome. She still did not, however, trust the sudden friendliness of the coven. She needed to keep an eye on them.

"Fine! But after that, she needs to come to my room. I haven't had someone to dress up in a while! Bella is too stubborn to be my doll," the raven-haired vampire sighed, seeming frustrated. Bree wouldn't have been surprised if the pixie had attacked her and taken her away, whisking her to be a doll.

The teen was not happy about the sinister idea. She didn't want to be treated like a toy and be a Barbie.

"How about we clean and dress you? I'm sure you will be more than happy to get all those dirty clothes off of you," the caramel-coloured-haired woman said again. She smiled at Bree.

The girl stopped in her tracks, looking frightened at the vampire. "I really like my clothes."

"Perhaps we can buy a similar outfit for you then? Your current clothes are quite...torn and bloody. It would be shameful to force you to wear them any longer," the woman frowned.