CHAPTER 11

GIFT_____________꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

GIFT
_____________
꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

Thick grey clouds blocked the sun as the trio walked outside, their heavy outlines in the sky predicting rain for today.

Bree's shoes crumbled against the short sand path. It led them to a huge backyard. She wasn't surprised at its sheer size. The Cullen's seemed to be quite rich.

The grass had been shaved recently, making it look healthy and well cared for. Some roses and tulips grew on the sides of a shining river. They looked intentionally placed, leaving her wondering who had put them there.

Body stiff from anxiety, she looked back to the house. This had been a mistake. She wanted to go back inside. At least there, she could stay in a corner and look at her room's door, guarding it from attackers. Out here, anyone could try hurting her. She was an easy target for anyone.

Horrifying thoughts slipped into her mind. What if Jasper and Emmett had brought her here to kill her? They were alone. All the other Cullen's were still inside the house. The scarred boy had wished multiple times that she were dead. Bringing her here alone, under the guise of wanting to test her powers, surely meant he planned to murder her. Perhaps Emmett also wanted to get rid of her. The other vampire had not vocalised his opinion about her, but maybe he was hiding it for a reason.

She took a step back, away from the boys. Her eyes widened. She had to escape.

As she moved, Jasper's warning snarl erupted into the air. His amber eyes locked to her, like an eagle's. "This is your last and only warning, Bree. If you dare to move even an inch, you will find yourself in pieces." He said strictly.

"Dude, you need to calm down! The newborn hasn't even started running yet. She just took a step back, right, Bree?" Emmett glanced at the southern vampire, worried, and then settled his gaze on the girl. "You aren't going to move." The brown-haired boy said, looking at her meaningfully, almost commandingly. His face was serious.

His words made her legs freeze in place. She felt too frightened to move. Maybe she was 'fluffy' like Emmett had proposed earlier. She acted so immensely emotionally that she even wondered if she would break and fall to pieces on her own without anyone needing to dismember her.

The newborn's legs felt like they had turned into roots. They seemed to dig their way strongly into the ground, preventing her from moving. She wasn't sure if they were able to realise the danger she was in and help her stay still. Or if instead they hoped she would die? How would she know if her legs worked against her? She hoped, from the bottom of her unbeaten heart, that they still cared for her. If her body parts would start retaliating against her, what was she supposed to do in a situation where she needed them? They were supposed to work together with her brain to help her function.

The air felt humid around Bree. It stuck to her skin uncomfortably, surrounding her like a fog. Her focus went to movement in her right eye's corner. Her gaze recognised Alice. The pixie walked towards the trio, looking annoyed. "Jasper Whitlock!" she shouted. "What did I just see?! We have already talked about this! Multiple times in fact."