CHAPTER 18

INFILTRATOR _____________꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

INFILTRATOR
_____________
꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

The couch Bree was sitting on was soft. Treacherously soft. She couldn’t believe how comfortable it was. She doubted she had ever sat on such amazing furniture before. Its grey, soft surface, along with its fillings, made sitting on it an incredible experience. She was mad about not wanting to sit on it before this moment.

She wanted to purr and curl on it like a cat, but acknowledged doing it would be quite humiliating. She didn’t want to cause her own embarrassment once again.

The sun set two times in the span of time it had taken for Bree to make her gift obey her once. Now she was worried about how long it would take until it decided to let her use itself once more.

The leader of the Cullens had reminded her that the gift couldn’t control her, but she doubted his words. Her invisibility almost had a mind of its own. It could have been her imagination making her think that way, but despite her pondering, she couldn’t shake off the idea of it being somehow an independent entity from her. How could she know what was true? Was her power a living creature, or was her mind subconsciously stopping itself from using it?

Her body sat against the couch as it devoured her legs inside. She watched the flashing TV. It was turned on on a channel unknown to her. Some type of show was currently broadcast on its screen.

She couldn’t wrap her head around it. Her head tilted. Why would that blond girl, Hannah, want to disguise herself and not reveal she was a pop star? It would be cool to be famous. If Hannah did not want to tell her secret identity to the world, the newborn was more than ready to take her place and let the humans know about her great singing skills—she wasn’t that great of a singer, but her new vampire voice could probably take the high notes. She hadn’t tested it but felt sure of herself.

She had been with the yellow-eyes for a full week. It was terrifying to think about. Her brain couldn’t seem to accept the fact.

Emmett chuckled next to her. He had come to watch the weird show with her.

She wasn’t too fond of the fact, but had decided to still stay on the couch. She didn’t want to leave it yet. It was so heavenly to sit on. And beside, she had felt a bit better and safer around the Cullens after her short sobbing session with Carlisle. The anxiety inside of her had elevated slightly, causing her to feel calmer and less ready to bolt.

“This is a dumb show! Teenagers these days rot their brains while watching things like these.” The muscular boy rolled his eyes, amused by the show.