CHAPTER 22

THE GARAGE_____________꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

THE GARAGE
_____________
꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

The page Bree was reading turned as her marble-like fingers pulled it to the other side of the book.

She was reading about different animals. Her eyes were occupied with reading the nutritions of foxes. She had not remembered that the cunning creatures were able to eat berries. It was fascinating. “Omnivores,” she mused silently.

A picture of the cute bushy-tailed red animal picking berries jumped to her mind. A short smile appeared in her expression before she let it fade, like it had never even existed.

The door to her room opened with a boom as she got ready to turn another fragile page over. Emmett’s head popped in. The man wore a mischievous grin. “I hope you're not. We are, to my knowledge, carnivores. It would be a shame if you started drinking the nectar from the flowers. That would be next level!”

Disgust plastered on the young teen's face as her gaze found the hulk-like vampire’s. She couldn't even think about attempting to drink the disgusting liquid coming from the plants. If animal blood tasted bad, the one coming from flowers must have been horrible. She almost gagged in disgust. She would never touch the insides of the green plants. It would surely make her traumatised. The thick transparent thing dripping from them—absolutely never would she try to put that into her mouth. And over her dead body, would she actually slurp it down to her stomach. She could get sick from it. Or could she?

Were vampires able to get stomach bugs? She hoped not. She would need to ask Carlisle about it after the man returned from his hunting trip. Surely he would know.

“So...would you want to come help me and Rose?” Emmett asked. He leaned against the frame of the door. It creaked ominously under his weight, warning that it could not take much more of his lean.

“I don't know.” The newborn sighed cautiously. She wasn’t sure she wanted to go ‘hang out’ with the two, as Emmett referred to it. The muscular vampire had pestered her for the last two days, forcing her to talk with him three times each day. It was annoying. She hoped she would be left alone to suffer and read her books in peace.

“C'mon bee. It will be fun. I pinky promise! We need your help with fixing up my Jeep. I accidentally drove straight into a tree while making out with Rosalie.” His lips turned to pout as he undoubtedly repeated his yesterday's little adventure in his brain.

The teen narrowed her eyes and shut her book gently. It dutifully complied with her command, letting itself be closed without a struggle. “I don’t know how to fix cars.” She wasn’t keen on being stuck in the same room with the most horniest Cullens. She swore she had seen them slip away multiple times this week, first not realising why they had done so. Soon, however, the reason had dawned on her. They were very into each other. The car incident had just proved her theory right.