Chapter 5

Ellis woke up to find Casper lying exhausted beside him. He looked around to see all the tentacles have gone away, no trace of them to be found. He gently shook Casper, trying to wake him up.

"Casper, Casper wake up quick. Those monsters have gone. Let's escape while we can," Ellis whispered to Casper, who mumbled and blearily opened his eyes.

"What? They are all gone?" asked Casper, sitting up as he rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah. So let's get out of here as soon as possible," urged Ellis, standing up with much difficulty as his hips were sore as hell.

"Okay," agreed Casper, getting up somehow.

The two, while leaning on each other for support, quickly scurried towards the exit. They found it soon, and went out of that circular room, hoping to never see it again.

If only they knew.

*************************

They arrived just in time to their cells as the clock struck 6 am. They slipped under their sheets as the guards came around to wake up the other inmates of the prison.

"Wake up, you good-for-nothing bastards! It's time to get your lazy asses to work! WAKE UP!" the head guard shouted a little louder near Ellis and Casper's cell.

"Yeah, yeah we're up," groaned Casper, rubbing his eyes.

" Where are your clothes, both of you?" asked the head guard with a raised eyebrow.

"They...tore," smiled Ellis weakly.

The guard huffed and went back to get clothes for them. Casper looked up to Ellis on the bunk bed.

"How's your body?" asked Casper.

"Could have been better, what about you?" groaned Ellis.

"Same. What the hell was that?"

"I don't know, I am so tired I can barely think."

The guard soon came back with new clothes which they quickly put on.

*************

"Hey, so I was thinking," said Casper while chewing his food, "why don't we try and figure out what's this tentacle thingy's deal? I mean, there has to be someone controlling it, right?"

"Do you really wanna go?" asked Ellis uncomfortably.

"Why, do you feel disgusted by it?"

"Well, yeah, it was creepy and scary, although-"

They both looked at each other and blushed.

**********

It was evening worktime so they decided to try and find out this tentacle monster. As it was a prison surrounded by the ocean, and the only way to access it is by a secret hidden submarine, the prisoners have resigned to the fate that they are never getting out of here. So the guards are not too strict or watchful either. Ellis and Casper went back to the shower area, and from there, they took a hallway on the left where they never go. They were both extremely afraid and held hands.

They reached a wooden door at the end of the hallway, whose lock and handle was severely rusted. On pushing against a couple of times, it broke open. Inside, rested the massive knot of tentacles.