~ Chapter Twelve: Under Investigation Part Two ~

~ Y/N POV ~

I made my way further down the stairs to the utility tunnels with Monty with his arm still wrapped snugly around my shoulder, I leaned closer into his side, and I could feel the heat that radiated off his scales, it was pleasant and I couldn't help but smile up as I admired him, man I'm really lucky, I wonder how I got so lucky with having my baby brother back and with me and although Mia has reincarnated into someone else I was still grateful that she was still the same, and given another chance at life, and not only that but I've also met 3 amazing friends for life and I can't forget my love, Monty.

I never thought that my life would be this, but I suppose not everyone would think they would get murdered, stuffed into a metal suit and left to rot, but I know it sounds insane, but even if the life I thought I would live as a kid was not one of immense pain, torment and guilt, I can still find the little joys in my tragic life, as awful as that sounds as I was robbed of my life, I chose not to focus on those tragic pieces, and instead focus on the positives. After all, I can't keep torturing myself, and the little girl that is still a part of me, she's already been through so much and she deserves to be rid of the chains that I created to hold her down with the guilt I felt for letting my friends and siblings down, the anger I felt as I was robbed of my youth for no reason, and how my offender was still attacking more innocent children and the anguish I felt, not being able to do anything about mine or my friends and family's situation.

But I still had one more thing to do, before I can fully remove the chains, and that is to stop Afton once and for all, just a little while longer, little me and then you can finally be free.

Monty: N/N, are you there, doll?

Y/N: Sorry love, did you say something?

Monty: Not really, Y/N. Just wondering why you're smiling so lovingly at me

He grinned, cheekily at me causing me to blush a little

Y/N: I'm just simply admiring my boyfriend, aren't I allowed to do that, baby?

I grinned back

Monty: 'Course not doll face!, it's a special perk only you have

His grin only grew wider, as he moved his free claw up towards his star- shaped sunglasses to pull them down his snout with his claw, winking at me and then planting a kiss on my lips

Y/N: I truly am blessed, huh?

I playfully grin at him, causing him to blush, he quickly adjusted his glasses, looking the other way but not before I caught a glimpse of a faint red hue forming on his cheek causing me to giggle slightly

Monty: A-Anyway, was I really the only thing that occupied your mind, N/N?

He now turned his head back in my direction, looking down slightly at me as he was taller than me.

Y/N: I'm just pondering on my life before and after that night, also thinking how lucky I am, despite what has happened

I look up to meet his gaze once more, smiling up at him and as I smiled up at Monty, he returned my smile and pulled me in closer to his embrace for a brief moment and I felt myself sink further into him with contentment before a suspicious wall caught my attention, causing me to pull away from Monty for a moment as I walked closer to this suspicious wall and studied it

Monty: Uh... N/N, is something wrong with the wall?

Monty asked with confusion as he watched intently as I studied the wall