8. Derailed

A/N: Can someone please tell me if you can see the pictures I've been putting on all these chapters‼️⁉️

Elle was being held hostage in a train for 6 hours by a psychotic. She was sweaty, hot, tired, and very much annoyed by one of the passengers.

The kid was around 20yrs old and was drunk off his ass and wouldn't stop agitating the unsub. All Elle wanted to do was hit the guy between his eyes to shut him up, but she couldn't do that due to the cuffs the unsub had put on her when he slapped her with her own gun.

Her cut stung for a good hour before she forgot it was there.

The team got the call to help the local TXPD the first hour of the passengers being held hostage. They didn't see Elle at first until Gideon pointed out that Elle was sitting in front of the camera with a cut on her cheek.

Gideon wouldn't have figured it out, if Elle didn't call him just 5 minutes before the train came to a halt.

Spencer's mind has been rolling around since the minute they figured out Elle was being held hostage. Derek tried calming him down in the jet, it worked for a bit, until they landed.

Derek figured out Spencer liked Elle because of the little talks they have in private, the gift giving, the little whispers, and one that gave everything away; the physical touch.

Elle has only been on the team for a good month and she's aloud to touch Spencer freely, but Derek who has been on the team for two years maybe even longer, isn't even aloud to touch Spencer's desk.

Derek made it his mission to make Spencer ask Elle out before Elle does it herself. He doesn't know how to do it, but he's sure it'll come to him on the spot.

"Or we can fake it." Spencer suggested.

The team has been going through what to do about Ted (the unsub). Ted had asked the "higher authority" to take a chip out of his arm. He believes the government is following him, watching him, that the government has him chipped. The team doesn't know what to do.

"Conceal a chip in the palm a little-" Spencer did a magic trick, "sleight of hand."

"Come on, Reid, what you talkin' about? A magic trick?" Derek asked, a hit of annoyance in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm talking about a magic trick."

"No." Hotch suggested. You best believe Spencer isn't going to let this go.

"I-I used to do it during college exams!" Spencer said, grabbing a coin from his hand and placing it flat on his palm, "I can make it appear" he flipped his palm, "I can make it disappear."

"We can't risk giving him another agent as a hostage." Hotch said, simply.

"We have to do something!"

Derek was tempted on taking Spencer's suggestion, but he was not about to let the kid die. Elle would have his head. Plus Spencer isn't cut out to be in a hostage situation again.

Derek got up, "alright, Reid. Let's go, teach it to me." He said, preparing himself. Spencer looked down at his coin, "what? No." Spencer said, simply.

"If you can do it, I can do it, show it to me."

"I've been practicing this my whole life we have less than thirty minutes."