Chapter Fifteen: Bringin On The Heartbreak

"I was thinking we could go for ice cream after this." Roger brings up.

He just got the bill and I looked at it.

"Sounds good," I smiled, "I could help with the bill."

He gave me a funny look.

"The man always pays love. Don't worry about it."

I mentally smacked my forehead. I should have known they did that back then!

Roger and I went out for ice cream down the street. We enjoyed our dessert on the tall stools up front. We were having a blast until Roger made a huge mistake.

"Are you having fun?" he asked, "I'm having a wonderful time with you."

"Oh yes, I am."

"Good," he chuckled nervously, "I'm glad you're here with me."

I blushed before saying,

"Me too."

Roger's piercing blue eyes flickered after I said that. There was an awkward silence.

"You have some ice cream around your mouth."

"I do?" I asked surprised. 

I felt embarrassed that I made a mess with my food in front of him. Oh gosh, how bad is it? What happened next left me dazed and confused.

Rogers's lips were heading for mine! I pushed him away.

"Roger!"

He stares at me stunned.

I grabbed my coat, scarf, and purse. He's falling for me and I can't let him!

"I-I have to go."

I left the rest of my ice cream cone on the counter. I didn't bother putting on my coat and scarf. I jogged over to the closest bus stop, which was only a block away. My eyes were tearing up. It's so hard to leave him, d**n it! He just doesn't understand!

"You don't have to do this," Roger said out of breath. He doesn't have his coat on.

I glanced up at him. A tear rolled down my cheek once I saw the heart-shattering look in his eyes. His eyes were a dull dark blue and glazed over. I could not catch feelings for him.

"Hey! You need to get back here and pay!" A man screamed at Roger.

"I'm in the middle of something here!" Roger yelled, and then he turned to me and spoke softly, "Please don't leave me."

"I have to," I mumbled, "I have no other choice."

"You don't have to do this!" Roger cried. His eyes were watery.

  "Please don't make this harder than it already is."

"I need you!" he sobbed.

The bus stopped and the doors opened. I stepped inside. The doors closed and that was it.

I sat down and peered through the window. I saw the heartbreak in him. I'm so sorry Roger.

What else could I do?