Chapter Eleven: Living on the Edge

Roger's Point of View

"Roger, you need to stop sulking, you barely knew her." Brian sighed, gliding his fingers through his curly hair.

"You know, you have a girlfriend," Deaky added.

"P**s off! You know, Jo and I are not doing well." I yelled loudly for everyone to hear.

"Do you even love her anymore?" Freddie butted in.

"I don't even know how I feel anymore."

"You can't keep Jo stringing along," He continued, "if you love her, you wouldn't hurt her like that."

"Da** it, Freddie! If you realize right now, I am the one hurting!"

"Forget about her, she was ready to leave," Brian said.

"It's not that simple Brian! Briana didn't even say goodbye and left in the bitter cold in her dress." My voice trailed off, "She could be dead."

"Don't be ridiculous, she's a grown woman, she might have found shelter."

I closed my eyes and rubbed my hands together furiously.

"Stop your pity party and let's get some practice done," Freddie shouted.

I got into my bed, but my brain wouldn't shut off. She slipped through my mind. She is the most beautiful and mysterious woman I ever met. Why did she have to leave? Did I do something wrong? I'm an a**hole. If only I could come across her again. Did I have deep feelings for her?

The others don't realize I am confused with the relationship between me and Josephine. Brian got Chrissie, Freddie got Mary, and John is madly in love with Veronica, I...have no one special. They're right, I cannot keep Jo stringing along any longer. Briana was messing with my mind.

In my New Bedroom

I couldn't stop thinking about Roger Taylor. A flash of images of him flooded through my mind. He's probably not thinking about me, and if he is, he might be thinking about how much of a bi**h I am. I should have never left without telling him. He trusted me enough to open up about his difficult relationship with Josephine.

What if we see each other again? I don't think I could take the pressure to approach him. He now knows me as the mysterious gypsy woman. If only I could change how I acted...if only I talked to Brian about the theory of changing the past without suspicion. I damaged so much, Brian would be a huge help to figure out the way back home.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

I have been living on the edge lately. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? I hope every night, I would wake up in my bed back in 2020 and the whole scenario was all but a dream.

Every day I was being pulled farther away from reality. I mean, I thought time travel only happened in books and movies. It will take a lot of power to fuel to make a time machine.

I was not the scientific type, so my ideas were worthless. I was trapped. And if I do find a way back to my time, even how much it will kill me, I want to tell Roger I'm sorry.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Wake up, sleepyhead!" I heard Savannah's chirpy voice ring out. I muttered under the covers, who is this energetic first thing in the morning?

I sat up, my eyelids weighing a ton of bricks. Just. Five. More. Minutes.