Chapter Twelve: Fancy seeing you Here

I just saw him! I just saw Roger Meddows Taylor! I felt too guilty to run into him and Freddie.

"Just tell me what is going on?" Savannah tried to pull away from me as we reached the women's restroom.

"I just saw someone I didn't want to."

"You are trying to avoid someone?"

"Yes! I can't have him see me."

"He? Is it an ex or something?"

"What? No!" I cried, my face baked in the heat.

"Hm.."

"It's difficult."

Savannah eyed me suspiciously. I gulped slowly.

"Fine, I will handle the customer for you." She sing-song.

"Thank you." I sighed in relief.

"What does he look like?"

I glared at her and blew air dramatically.

"Blond hair and the eyes of an angel, with him is a flamboyant man with black hair.

"The black-haired man sounds familiar. I will do it! Don't worry."

We both left the bathroom. Savannah walked over to the entrance of the store. She turned to catch my eyes and winked. I gave her a thumbs-up in return. I rushed over to the clothing rack and peered over enough so I could see her.

"' Ello, dearie!" I heard Freddie's voice ring out.

I guess this is one time I could think of where I would be thankful that I'm short. I hid behind the rack perfectly without too much cramming.

"Fancy seeing you again Freddie!" Savannah's voice beamed.

So she has met Freddie

"You look fabulous!" He embraced her in a hug.

"Same with you!" She replied after they split up.

"Thank you, my dear." Freddie grinned, hands on his hips.

I stifled back a burst of laughter. Oh, Freddie.

"Who's this?" Savannah asked. I knew she was referring to Roger, even if I could only see the back of her golden hair.

Freddie moved over to the side and I glimpsed a perfect view of Roger's face. My heartbeat doubled in speed.

"This is Roger, he is a friend of mine."

"Nice to meet you." Savannah breathed. I could tell she had the hots for him by her change of tone.

"Nice to meet you too," He replied, shaking her hand. The smile he received killed me.

"So, what brings you here?" Savannah asked Freddie.

"Trying to decide on a lavishing outfit for our next gig."

"I would be more than welcome to help you two!"

Freddie, Savannah, and Roger all started investigating for an outfit. I stayed put, how much longer do I have to do this? Maybe I could sneak into the bathroom and...wait! They are coming my way! I held my breath hoping they would go away. I crouched down lower.

"This is gorgeous," Freddie commented on a shirt right next to where my head was.

Don't move

"True, but I think this one is so you," Savannah said.

"Good eye." He admitted.

I heard all their feet scuffle away from where I was at. I sighed in relief.