Chapter Three: Is this the Real life? Or just Fantasy?

"I will introduce you to Queen!"

My heart leaped. Queen? The rock band?

Oddly I was expecting to see the recent band members. Roger Taylor, Brian May, and Adam Lambert. Instead, I saw the young members with Freddie Mercury!

What!?

Before my very eyes, I saw the successful rock band, Queen. Freddie spoke into the microphone, it sounded just like him. I felt a strong urge of oneirataxia but my body was frozen in place, betraying me.

I snapped back to what was going on around me. The drummer, Roger Taylor glanced in my direction. I held my breath. His big baby blues widened in astonishment while he sang and played.

This cannot be someone pretending to be him!

I came out of the bar and then ran. I stopped after two blocks to catch my breath.

This can't be!

"Are you alright miss?" An older gentleman asked me.

I blushed in embarrassment, I must have said that out loud.

"Yes." I lied. I couldn't tell him the truth, and I very much didn't want to.

"Then please keep it down, people are trying to sleep at this time of night."

"Sorry."

"Don't, you're crazy and need to go home."

Before I could tell him any more rambling he left in a huff. I can't go home! I don't know where home is!

I felt numb, I was outside at night in a sleeveless dress in February. From all the crazy running around and adrenaline rushing through, I hardly noticed.

I stepped up to a phone booth and went inside, I'd never seen one in person before. I felt stupid, who am I supposed to call? If I called Mom she obviously wouldn't have the same phone number. It won't even exist!

At least it was warm inside. I passed some time and now I better find a place outside to sleep for the night. Hopefully, I will wake up the next day back into my comfy bed. Thinking about my bedroom made me feel even more homesick.

I sat next to the red phone booth and covered my face with my hands. I felt hot tears trickling down my face. Why am I in this mess? I had a good silent cry for what felt like ages until I saw someone's pair of pink sparkly Converse standing right in front of me. I glanced up and saw a silhouette of a person. Why do those shoes look so familiar? The person knelt next to me and spoke,

"Are you alright?"

I found out the voice belonged to a man. His voice was so husky but soft. I squinted up at him to try to get a good look. It was so dark out I couldn't see much from where I was at.

"No," I spoke in a timid tone, giving up figuring out what the man looked like.

He offered his hand. I accepted his hospitality and let him help pull me up. Finally, I got excellent lighting from the street lights, which shined in the man's face. I let out a gasp, clasping my hand over my mouth.

I wanted to flee but my feet felt glued to the pavement.

I stared into his gorgeous eyes, dumbfounded. His eyes shimmer with specks of silver and ocean blue. Right behind the drummer was the guitarist, Brian May.

"Is there anything we can do for you?"

My body went limp, and my head felt lighter. The sounds of Brian's voice were fading like he was calling from far away.

You fell backward completely paralyzed. Brian grabbed your arms in a swift reaction while Roger stood behind you to catch your head before it cracked open on the sidewalk.

"Brian, what did you do?!" Roger yelled dramatically.

"I didn't do anything, Roger! Why are you blaming me?" The tall lanky man shouted.

"She was fine before you showed up! You must have scared the lights out of her!"

The blond man glanced at you with solemn eyes.

"I did nothing, you are being ridiculous," Brian said more calmly.

The men couldn't believe what they stumbled across that day. This is not how the time warp was supposed to go on this very night.

"She looked at me with dreamy eyes and stared at you like she saw a ghost."

"Stop being so full of yourself". He rolled his hazel eyes.

Roger sighed in an exasperated tone, "Come on we have a half-dead woman to take care of."

Brian seems startled by the blonde-haired drummer's actions.

We?

Of course, he knew it was the right thing to do.

"What are we supposed to do?"

"I dunno, Brian, you're the doctor."

"I study astrophysics, and I don't mind taking care of her but what can we do?"

The two of them argued about what to do next while you were in a deep sleep. Later that night, Roger took you to his flat. He carried you in his arms while Brian gave him a hard time back to their place.

"Usually you're the one that needs to be carried after gigs." Brian teased.

"Shut up Bri!" He grunted but shared an amusing grin.

All of a sudden it began to rain lightly.

"Oh s***!"

"You're lucky I always check the weather." Brian smiled, opening up an umbrella.

"Congrats, now make yourself useful and keep me dry." Roger teased, slightly annoyed.

The three huddled under the umbrella.

Freddie Mercury, the lead singer of the group got a call from both of them about the incident of the young woman. He responded by saying that he would come right over tomorrow.

You laid down on Roger's couch. He rubbed your head gently while talking with Brian.

"So...what's your plan?" Brian asked, crossing his arms over his chest with a tired expression painted on his face. Roger turned to glance at him,

"Not sure, she will stay here for the night and we will go from there."

"That might be a brilliant idea, but what would you tell Jo?"

"Tell her what? I'm just taking care of a stranger to be nice."

"But do you think she would get the wrong idea?"

Roger sighed deeply,

"Brian, you know we haven't been doing well for a long time. So she has no reason to be jealous."

Brian stared at your sleeping face.

"She is beautiful isn't she?"

"What? Jo?" Roger's face scrunched up in confusion.

"No, the girl." He explained a bit flushed.

"At first I thought you were hitting on Jo, you can have her." Roger laughed, "Yes the girl is really beautiful."

Brian said, "Her clothes and makeup are different. What was she thinking wearing something like that in this kind of weather?"

"Who knows."

Eventually, Brian went home while Roger stayed with you for a short spell before going to bed. He took your hair tie and bobby pins out of your hair. He peered at you one last time before turning off the lights.