Chapter 8: Type D Psychic

"Chapter 8: Type D Psychic"

    "Next to the lecture hall was the waiting room for interrogation."

    "The room was squarely shaped, with peeling paint on the walls suggesting a long absence of renovation. Chairs were neatly arranged, with surveillance cameras in all four corners. Apart from the boy injured by a whip, the others were sent there, waiting for one-on-one interviews with the interrogators to lay the foundation for their initial impressions and personality assessments."

    The Evil Tower sent several interrogators for evaluations, calling away a dozen people in one go.

    Seated next to Xu Qingran were the siblings he had met in the elevator. After a half-day of terror, the sister seemed even more dazed and helpless, clinging tightly to her brother's hand, not leaving his side.

    While waiting, Xu Qingran discussed with the system about the Type D Mental Power Users he had just heard about.

    He remembered that Lu Wenyan, the father of his childhood friend, highly valued Type D individuals. Xu Qingan's envious expression at the time, and now learning about their potential to restrain Type E's, piqued his interest.

    The system dutifully enlightened him: "Type D Mental Power (full name Dominator), also known as Dominators."

    Like Type E, they are among the rarest of all mental power types, accounting for an extremely small percentage of the population, perhaps even fewer than Type E's. They earned this title because they can 'dominate' the most powerful human weapons, the Type E Extremists.

    It's said that controlling the matching Type D for a Type E can lead to absolute leverage over them.

    Therefore, Type D individuals are both precious and crucial for the empire. Besides enabling powerful Type E's to be released from the Evil Tower for the empire's use, Type D's can also be a potent logistical support for the military. Mainly because Type D's mental pools are quite unique, they possess a mental power recovery rate 20-30 times faster than ordinary people. The higher the level of their mental pool, the deeper the mental power and faster the recovery.

    Thus, their mental power can be shared with comrades who have overextended theirs.
    "In contrast, as supremely talented Type E's, their mental power recovery rate is the slowest among all types, about 4-5 times slower than an average person. In solitary trouble, this slow recovery rate greatly increases their life-threatening risks."

    Hence, this is why Type D is their most compatible partner. A strong Type D can not only withstand and fight but also offer simple mental interactions to replenish teammates, enhancing their endurance and ensuring safety.
    They are essentially the dream partners for Type E's.

    After explaining, the system added, "However, even though these two types are recognized as the best combination, the pairing probability isn't high. Both types are peculiar, with their own distinct thoughts and personalities."

    "Type D's fare better, compatible with all types, and have a higher chance of finding a partner. Type E's, with their picky nature and soul, well, it's no surprise they end up alone!"
    "......"
    Xu Qingran pulled out a fever-reducing pill from his pocket, crushed it in his mouth, and swallowed it directly.

    Xu Qingran found the whole situation interesting, but didn't particularly like any of the types, especially Type D.
    Joining the army as Type D meant being a combatant and a healer, and with a high compatibility, he'd also have to deal with a dependent.

    Glancing at his watch, which read 'unknown', he hoped this world wouldn't trick him. Dealing with Shen Tingyu was enough; he didn't want to be forcibly matched with a Type E lunatic.