Chapter 42: Breaking Defenses

    #Xu Qingran D-type#
    This headline quickly soared to the top of the trending searches.
    Whether interested solely in D-types or just in Xu Qingran, anyone seeing these words couldn't resist clicking on it.
    Mainly because these two elements, taken separately, were familiar to everyone, but their combination was something no one had ever dreamed of!
    It was absolutely fantastical!
    [For the first time, I doubt the official detection results.]
    [I can't believe it! Can we recheck, please?]
    [D-type, YES! Xu Qingran, NO! Open your eyes wide and tell me how he resembles a D-type at all!!]
    [...I just can't accept that this madcap is a D-type.]
    [Sisters upstairs, I also can't accept that the new D is Xu the young master.]
    [There must be a mistake in the data, support for retesting!]
    Previously, whenever the Empire officially announced a new D-type, the internet comments were always harmonious, full of joy and blessings. Then the search to learn more would begin, with inquiries about contact details and anticipation for a perfect pairing with an E-type.
    Never had there been such an abnormal reaction as now.
    Even the officials at the Political Affairs Hall were dumbfounded, unclear about the reasons but still issued another announcement.
    Stating that this detection process was the same as before, having undergone more than ten reviews, and only after 100% confirmation was the result published. There was no question of a misdiagnosis. It was only then that the netizens finally, albeit reluctantly, accepted this dream-like reality.
    In the comment sections of major news and social media platforms, netizens were collectively breaking defenses.
    [How is this possible... I am a hardcore D-type fan, but I really found Xu the young master annoying before, wuwuwu... so conflicted!]
    [Excellent, true to his madcap nature, always bringing us new surprises.]
    [Our entire university dormitory building exploded with reactions, filled with continuous exclamations of disbelief, even the dormitory supervisor joined in.]
    Especially the haters, who not long ago were mocking Xu Qingran for being incompatible with E-types. After the Linglong City live broadcast slapped their faces, they still comforted themselves that Xu Qingran's limit was just that. But now—
    He's actually become an even rarer national treasure, a D-type!
    And there was more to shock them.
    The Empire's popular and currently active high-tier D-type idol Dolly Lily retweeted Xu Qingran's finalization announcement, adding, "Shoutout to my cousin! Such a cute and lovable little brother, this result suits you perfectly, you deserve it! [Flower] [Heart] [Cute]."
    Netizens went crazy again.
    [What?]
    [What???]
    [No way!! I can't accept this!]
    [Cousin? What cousin??]
    [Xu the young master is Dolly Lily's brother?! (screaming)]
    [I've been unshaken by previous revelations, but this time, as a decade-long Dolly fan, I'm truly shell-shocked!!]
    [Why?! Who can tell me how they are related?!]
    Meanwhile, the homepage of Xu Qingran's popular Starry Sky forum was once again swamped with a succinct two-word headline.
    Among these, conspicuously stood out that once-mocked D-type revelation post.
    [It's actually true! (Pupil earthquake)]
    [I was wrong, poster. I failed to recognize a gem when I saw one. Do you have more insider info, like on the recent affair scandal of actor XXX...]
    [Turns out, the clown was me all along.]
    Also resurrected to the homepage was that praise post about Xu Qing'an.
    In the post, a commenter had once said: "Xu Qingran could only surpass Xu Qing'an if he becomes a D-type."
    Everyone rushed in to check in with comments, stating—
    [Prophet, you're done.]
    [I declare, Xu Qingran is the ultimate winner in this elite twin showdown!]
    [Hahaha, wonder if Major Lu will regret ditching his little childhood friend now?]
    [I'm done, Xu Qingran must be cursed or something. From now on, I'm observing before mocking any post about him, just to avoid getting my face slapped again!!]
    As the discussion progressed, another high-profile comment broke through.
    [Aaaaah, fam, go check the trending topics! The crazy kid's saga isn't over yet!]
    Upon hearing this, everyone rushed frantically to a social media platform.
    Only to discover that yet another term somewhat related to Xu Qingran had skyrocketed to the top trends.
    #Royal Family and Mu Ziyu Respond#
    Not long ago, the much-debated incident involving Shen Tingyu and Xu Qingran, which had placed Mu Ziyu in the eye of the storm, finally reached a conclusion.
    The royal family first lavished praise on Shen Tingyu, complimenting everything from his character to his abilities. They then confirmed that the spacecraft that had 'returned' Mu Ziyu indeed belonged to Shen Tingyu, with Xu Qingran also present at the time.
    The haters, ready to gloat, began drafting their scathing comments. But as they read on, they encountered a 'however'.
    The royal family denied the accusations against Shen Tingyu, clarifying that they hadn't harmed the Third Prince. They had chanced upon him injured from a spacecraft malfunction and kindly returned him to the palace, their brusque military manner leading to the misunderstanding.
    They advised netizens to be rational and not slander General Shen, a loyal defender of the nation.
    Subsequently, Mu Ziyu also logged onto his main account, retweeted the royal announcement, adding: It's all a misunderstanding. My injuries were accidental and unrelated to others, thank you for your concern.
    The public was abuzz.
    Xu Qingran, following the drama from home, raised an eyebrow when he saw the news.
    Shen Tingyu really had some tricks up his sleeve, getting the royal family to whitewash the situation. Even Mu Ziyu couldn't withstand the pressure and had to clarify. Xu Qingran felt he could almost sense his grievances through his terse response.
    However, seeing those he disliked in distress brought him joy.
    Smiling, eyes curved in amusement, Xu Qingran glanced at the assortment on the crystal coffee table. An array of tempting mini-breads and cakes, all beautifully packaged and designed.
    He recalled how seriously Shen Tingyu had snatched them from Shen Tianyi's hands a few days earlier to give to him.
    Shen Tianyi, backed by the Shen family and himself quite capable, was particularly sought-after in school, especially after acquiring new skills in various hobby classes last summer vacation.
    Little girls often brought him treats to make him happy.
    Just yesterday, he had returned home beaming, cheeks flushed, with a big bag of goodies.
    Which Shen Tingyu confiscated, citing that he had gained nearly ten pounds since the school year started, and planned to schedule regular weekend exercises for him. The truth made his nephew too sulky to argue.
    And now, these confiscated treats had been passed on to Xu Qingran a few days later by Shen Tingyu.
    Xu Qingran, contemplating, took out his mini asteroid and casually started a live stream.
    After half a day's brewing of the incident, the number of followers on his live streaming account had more than doubled and was still climbing at an impressive rate.
    [Whoa? A sudden live stream!]
    [You scared me!]
    [Beauty filter strike!!]
    [Sigh, the little madcap is now out of my league, no longer the loser I used to reach for.]
    [Look at you, couldn't even hold back half a day before starting a live stream to show off, huh? And now that you're a seasoned streamer, do we fans still need to remind you to hang up the QR code!]
    [Surprised the platform hasn't banned the young master's account with all his arrogance!]
    [Hehehe, the platform's backing is the Shen family, not saying who might have given a heads-up in advance, heeheehee.]
    [Ever since finding out he's a D-type, he suddenly seems more refined and handsome.]
    [Eh? Why isn't the kitchen the background of today's stream?]
    Xu Qingran grabbed a mini bread from the table, and while unwrapping it, joked earnestly, "No cooking today, mainly because I'm short on cash. Having afternoon tea while trying to earn some pocket money."
    A bunch of question marks floated across the screen in the comments.
    But the sound of coins being deposited didn't stop.
    Gradually, the tone of the comments began to shift.
    [Young master, please scold me!]
    [Excited, will the streamer get angry today? Never knew what it feels like to be scolded by a D-type!]
    [Little madcap, why don't you lose it and blast anyone you want in this room?]
    Xu Qingran, amused and exasperated by the comments, asked: "Are you guys sick?"
    "If your brains aren't working right, go see a psychiatrist, don't come here to make a scene."
    Just these casual responses from him instantly sped up the scrolling of the comments.
    [Yes, yes, just like that, please be more forceful!]
    [QwQ Is it just me or does getting a little scolded by the young master suddenly feel refreshing?]
    [Who knew, I'm exhilarated too!]
    [Worthy of being the new D-type, even has an idol's burden now, his scolding is so much gentler compared to before.]
    [Did being a D-type really change Xu the young master's temperament?]
    [More scolding, love to hear it.]
    Xu Qingran was speechless.
    He thought this generation of netizens really had something off with their brains. He had seen those craving affection and high fives, but this was the first time encountering those seeking scoldings.
    With the mindset of not taking money for nothing, he seriously reviewed the taste of the snacks while eating them.
    "This one's soft and fluffy, not bad."
    "This piece is on the sweeter side, might not suit those who don't favor sweetness, but it's tolerable."
    "Pork floss with seaweed, an eternal favorite."
    His expression remained unchanged, his tone light, but the viewers in the live stream listened with keen interest.
    Mainly because watching the little madcap eat was surprisingly appetizing!
    After a round of tasting, he found almost every item to his liking and casually recommended that viewers should try them too.
    At first, it was fine, until the fans in the live room noticed the packaging of the mini cakes he was eating.
    [Wait, that packaging bag... P brand?!]
    [Ah? Is it that P brand I know of, the one that only takes custom orders and whose clientele are all rich and noble?]
    [Wow, I was just suspecting and thought I saw it wrong! After all, P brand's public products aren't this accessible, unless it's a custom order!]
    [Relieved, it seems the little madcap is using the money we sent to pamper himself well (joking)]
    Xu Qingran belatedly noticed these comments.
    P brand, officially known as La Patisserie, is a high-end pastry brand.
    Quite capricious, their stores open on a whim, offering limited quantities that sell out quickly. Ordinary people can hardly afford their custom orders, so their clientele mostly consists of wealthy families and nobility, including royal family members. They are generally responsible for the pastries at royal banquets.
    Delicious, probably really delicious.
    But expensive, also really expensive.
    The comments were full of cries of despair.
    Saying his recommendations were good, but they couldn't afford it!
    Xu Qingran paused in his bread-eating upon seeing this.
    Then, he looked down at the packaging bag in his hand, deep in thought.
    All the food on the crystal table was wrapped in packaging from this brand.
    He pondered, the children who sent food to Shen Tianyi were likely around his age. If it's as the comments suggested, isn't this gesture a bit too grand? And considering the number of children sending gifts to Shen Tianyi, is it really possible for all of them to give the same high-end brand?
    ...Moreover, on closer thought, each item coincidentally suited his taste perfectly.
    Xu Qingran's gaze fixated on the food on the table.
    It seems, someone was playing him for a fool.
    He ended the live stream quickly, looked up the pastry shop the netizens mentioned, and then left his house.
    That day, Shen Tingyu picked out a barely used, new mode of transportation from the warehouse for him, registered under his personal information, as repayment for accidentally blowing up his aircraft during the confrontation with Ming Hai.
    So now, he regained his freedom to travel.
    After Xu Qingran ended the live stream, his fans were left wanting more.
    Discussions about his name continued online for several days.
    Most talked about how his temperament seemed to have greatly changed compared to before.
    Others speculated that the ruckus at the engagement party and similar incidents were just rumors spread by Xu Qing'an, and Xu Qingran's character wasn't as fierce and aloof as rumored.
    [To be honest, judging from the little madcap's recent streams, he can drop that nickname now!]
    [www I also think the young master has been feeling particularly gentle lately!]
    [Feeling mixed, I just got used to accepting the little madcap as a D-type.]
    [That's good, a D-type should be soft and easy to talk to!]
    On one hand, Xu Qingran's fans and detractors had just begun to come to terms with him becoming a D-type and the fact that his personality would gradually change.
    On the other, a certain video suddenly surged in popularity on social media.
    It depicted a brawl at an alleyway entrance in the Tianlang Sector's Crystal Star.
    The exact cause was unclear, but it was known that a single guy took on ten, sending a group of tall men flying, almost forcing them to kneel and cry for mercy.
    Opening the video, one could immediately recognize the person with the cold gaze - none other than Xu Qingran, the notorious young master of the Xu family.
    He was seen smashing a bottle on someone's head, then throwing them against a wall, and finally stepping on their head, looking down and asking, "Weren't you looking for some fun? Satisfied now?"
    The fans and detractors who were just debating and emoting a second ago: "......"
    Damn.